5 gear help ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 gear help ??

so I have this festiva and its 93 and it runs amazing and shift amazing but it has no fifth gear the guy said he hit a snow drift and it stopped going into gear the shifter its self moves into fifth but nothing else happen it just acts like its in neutral I was wondering if I could get some help with this also have one other thing I was wondering about and I was wondering how you can put a cold air on a stock 93 1.3 liter like how do you by pass the air control unit

I have a NOS fifth gear for sale. PM me if you want it.

Comment

given what the guy said, i'd get under the car and look at your shift rod. this is the rod attached from the bottom of your shifter to the shift input rail poking out of the trans. this rod should be perfectly straight. if it got bent, like let's say there was a boulder in the snowdrift, it would be like shortening the rod a little and that could prevent you from engaging some gears.
      i don't know how you would bypass the mass airflow sensor since this is one of the main components to engine management. easiest thing to do would be to remove the restrictive intake tube that attaches to the bottom of the air cleaner box. i've even punched a couple more 2" holes in it for more airflow but you will notice an increase in induction noise and might have to replace the filter more often. technically you could just get rid of the box altogether and just clamp or tape the filter to the underside of the filter box lid but you'd be risking water and snow getting sucked into the intake tract.

Comment

woo hoo. Another Ohio boy. Cool.
        -Bryant

Comment

Sweet more ohio peeps! You gotta unbolt the vaf from the airbox, and i highly recommend you make a brace or two for the new cone filter, otherwise it will beat around and end up with a hole inside of 6 months. Also need to keep the intake temp sensor hooked up AFTER the vaf, as close as you can get it to the vaf between it and the throttle body. I just used a double edged knife to spin a hole in the plastic tract and when it got a hair smaller than the sensor i screwed the sensor in the plastic.

Oh gotta keep the vaf level too or the flapper door will hang open... You dont want that.
          Last edited by zoom zoom; 03-05-2014, 09:22 PM.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by cbogle7 View Post
            so I have this festiva and its 93 and it runs amazing and shift amazing but it has no fifth gear the guy said he hit a snow drift and it stopped going into gear the shifter its self moves into fifth but nothing else happen it just acts like its in neutral I was wondering if I could get some help with this also have one other thing I was wondering about and I was wondering how you can put a cold air on a stock 93 1.3 liter like how do you by pass the air control unit
            You might want to change the oil in the gear box, to see if any small bits come out, giving a clue as to what might be
            amiss , assuming your shift shaft is straight
            No car too fast !

Comment

Working...
            X