lil more power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lil more power

Jus curious, new to the festy world, I gotta 91 L mod fully stock. What would be the easiest first thing I could do to enhance my existing engine. 170,000 miles NO problems. Should I even worry?
    All I'm doing now is paint job ( pics soon) and need some audio help.
    91 festiva L five speed red/black
    74 Honda cl200
    89 festiva Lx efi automatic grey
    90 festiva L aqua blue parts car

Majority of the people (myself included) will tell you that swapping the engine will get your more power for a lot less money then upgrading the stock B3

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

What kind of audio help are you looking for?
      -Bryant

Comment

motor swap!

Comment

If the engine is running well and you are already blessed with a manual tranny version then I'd suggest leaving it alone while gradually scoping around for some version of an EFI B6 engine to drop in there. They range from 84 horsepower 8 valve (easiest swap) all the way to OEM 140 hp with twin cam and from 5500 redline to 7500. You can go B8 versions but then the motor starts taking up a good chunk of useable space under the hood.

Comment

All four speakers were shot
            Put four new in.
            Factory radio turns on changes stations but no sound, only a slight pop when I switch on the ignition.
            Try to keep it in before throwin more money for a CD player. I don't even listen to CDs
            74 Honda cl200

Comment

Motor runs top notch and its had a four speed put in by previous owners.
              You can't even hardly hear it running.
              Only thing I thought was a few dents above rear tires so I tried popin them out but along the way discovered the whole dagum car is bondo! So paint job taken me a lil further than I wanted to go.
              So I guess IMA leave the motor alone for now.
              74 Honda cl200

Comment

Originally posted by grantjp View Post
                All four speakers were shot
                Put four new in.
                Factory radio turns on changes stations but no sound, only a slight pop when I switch on the ignition.
                Try to keep it in before throwin more money for a CD player. I don't even listen to CDs
                I'm thinking the speakers are wired backwards.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I'm on vacation now but IMA try to switch wire
                  74 Honda cl200

Comment

Speaker polarity is only for a reference

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

Speaker polarity IS VERY IMPORTANT for sound quality, not just for reference. BUT Wrong polarity will not make funny noises. If a speaker is in reverse polarity (i.e. + wire hooked to - and the - wire hooked to +) it will play 180* out of phase to any speaker that is wired properly. This will effectively cancel out most, if not all, low frequency tunes. Higher frequency notes aren't effected in the same way and are not as noticeable to most people.

I would pull the radio and check the plugs to make sure all is connected good, but it sounds to me like the radio is fried.
                      -Bryant

Comment

a loaded question. but i'm going to say if you can find a hotter cam. that's usually a bolt-on that you can actually feel a difference. but then that starts the whole process of headers, exhaust, muffler, CAI, etc.

Comment

one thing you can do is exhaust but you pretty much have to do it all custom yourself another trick that me and my brother have did is finding a 2.2 mazda or ford vein flow meter and swapping the festivas into the bigger meter theres a tiny bit of sodering u have to do but that makes i possible to put a cone filter adapter on and you get more air flow via the bigger vein flow meter and the cone filter.I suppose you could use any ford or mazda meter also

Comment

I should have specified you take the internals from the festivas vein flow meter and put them in the larger vein flow meter,its just a chip board inside

Comment

That sounds like a terrible amount of work for 2hp. Id think that running solid aluminum intake pipe to the vaf would be more effective. That stock intake piece has ridges which isn't any different than using a wrinkle bent exhaust pipe instead of mandrel bend

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X