carb to efi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb to efi

looking for someone who has done it, that knows exactly what parts you need to change there is a lot of I think you need to do this and that on this subject. really like to know the facts on the swap. thanks

you'll want the factory EVTM manuals for both your carbureted setup and the fuel injection setup. These manuals are like the bible when doing a swap.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I would think you're best off to find another Festy that has EFI and gradually swap over everything that doesn't match what you've currently got. And in fact if you're going to go to all that trouble (and it won't increase the value of the car) perhaps you want to find an OBDII Mazda Protege to fill the bill. At least then you've really got something.

Comment

I've completed a carb to efi wiring swap. You have to get the engine harness and the dash and interior harnesses. The hardest part in a stock Festiva would be the tank. I used the carb tank still and just added a fuel pump to the ignition switch. Obviously there is a sending unit in the tank on efi that won't fit unless you swap the tank. You will need everything from efi so find a donor car and pull every wire.
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

flyin did you just get the wiring from under the hood and from behind the dash or did you go all the way to the lift gate/ hatch?

Comment

so you have to change complete harness from engine bay, behind dash, under carpet all the way to the tail lights?

Comment

Yes. Carbies had a different harness connector to the rear harness than the EFIs had. I know because I switched connectors. It would be far easier to go from an EFI to a non-feedback carb.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 05-02-2014, 04:03 PM.

Comment

A while back 1chrisapple converted a carbed car to a B6T by mounting the donor car's ECU separately and using the wires he needed off of it. You still need an EFI gas tank but it would be a lot less labor intensive. Don't know how well it worked. He was selling the car recently. Seems sort of ghetto but who knows. Look up his posts.

Comment

Depends on what swap your doing . B6d b6t def don't need complete harness swap .
                  New build on the way .

Comment

I have already did the weber carb swap and now I have a b8-me that I was going to carb but have decided to just swap it over to efi I am going in the morning to get the wiring harness, fuel lines from front to back and gas tank. the tank and fuel lines all that is simple it's the wiring I have searched on here a lot and some say that you have to change every piece of the wiring harness, then some say that you just have to change the engine bay and to the ecu then unpin the plug that plugs to the remaining harness and repin the wires to the carb plug?

Comment

"Search Bar" is your friend dude ... post number 7..... click here
                      Darren Sehnke

Comment

Working...
                      X