Top Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Speed

I have a 1992 Ford Festiva, the 4 door model, there is nothing done on the engine and it is a 1.3L i was wondering what the top speed is, is anyone has tried it?
    Ford Festiva 1992 Model, 1.3L 5 Door, Red, Mods- Roo-Bar with two spotlights, also stickers, on the bonnet, front window, and rear window

People have claimed to have gone as fast as 150 mph in a stock Festiva.

I have an '89 4 spd and I redlined it going about 105 mph. At least that's what my buddy who was racing next to me said...

The average top stock speed seems to hover around 120 mph.

Other members have different experiences and I'm sure we all have good stories about speeding in a Festiva... :lol:

Regards,

Tim
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

actually the REAL top speed is around 90 for a stock EFI Festiva. But I've had my BP Festiva clocked @ 122mph before I backed off the pedal.

Comment

My speedo must be wrong, then...

:lol: :lol:

When I'm going 85, the tachometer only reads a little over 4000 rpm.

Regards,

Tim
        White '89L auto - Sold!
        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

That would be true Tim (haha I sound like Al) and nice in theory, but I've never heard of any Festy owner hitting the rev limiter in 5th. And in 4th at 5800 rpm with a low mileage B3 (EFI version) we only clocked 91mph. This may not be true of all Festivas, but it was clocked by legal radar (cop buddy and radar gun) on a flat stretch of I-10 as a test. Anyone else have a similar radar test for comparison?

Comment

Friends of mine have paced me up to 93 mph in my B3 festiva on flat ground.
            GT

Comment

In my years of reading believable "Fast Festiva" stories the average is from 90-95 mph

Comment

justa little more for modified cars

I know I had my modified Festiva up to at least 125, being that the newish Pontiac GTO I was racing at the time made me run my POS up to the redline (8200rpm when the shift light came on) in fourth gear in my po' boy turbo setup. Of course I'm sure you EFI guys have a much higher RPM limit than us carb guys.

Stevo

Comment

I had my aspire at 110 mph on level ground, but tail wind turned to head wind and she went down a few mph

Comment

previouse owner of my stock B3 said the cop ticketed him @ 92... not sure i'd want to take it up there tho. lol.
                    Nate
                    ----------
                    Personal Gallery: http://www.fordfestiva.com/forum/alb...hp?user_id=122

Comment

Originally posted by festivakid88
                      previouse owner of my stock B3 said the cop ticketed him @ 92... not sure i'd want to take it up there tho. lol.
                      got a ticket with 92mph too but I wasn't to the top and add my audio system in (about 150lbs) and 2 people in it (about 300lbs) so the 95mph seem a little low to me, maybe 100mph?
                      Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

i was racing a pos 4banger s10 on the highway going from joplin,Mo to Rogers,AR on 71 highway and i was going 115+ that when i was pulling on them
                        Humblepefromance.com/forum
                        myspace.com/fukusdm

Comment

In 5th mine will do about 95, according to the tach. In forth it will do about 105, again, according to the tach.
                          1990 LX Mostly Stock

1996 Impala SS, Not Stock

Comment

I've said this before... I'm not dumb enough to top speed test my car. Maybe once I have the new suspension installed.

I've been at least 195 km/h though... I have the 323GT cluster in my car which reads up to 200km/h
                            * Retired Festiva-er*
                            1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                            B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

aspire auto

8000 rpm bp at 15 psi...no more digit past 180 km/h on speedo ...on the 3 speed auto trans and 185-60-r14 tires :twisted:
                              shift 2 to 3 at 115 km/h...lol stocker shift at 85 km/h lol

Comment

Working...
                              X