Group Buy for MFactory G series tranny gear set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Buy for MFactory G series tranny gear set

I have been reading this thread on Mazda247.com (I've read every post). They are trying to get a group buy on a gear set (3rd, 4th, and 5th) custom made from MFactrory for up to 500 horsepower handling capability. PAR already makes a set in straight cut but are well into the several thousand $ range for the set. He said on the above thread that he will accept 5 buyers to start the machining process. MFactory said he uses a cross between straight cut gears like PAR and the stock helical gears, giving the best of the worlds of strength vs. quietness vs. efficiency vs. power handling.

Now, in talking with Hot-Wheels, we technically don't really need the 5th gear set. MFactory is also offering just 3rd and 4th as a set. Would anyone be interested in getting in on this? The 3rd and 4th set is $700 with a 50% deposit required. The 3rd 4th and 5th (.730) is $1000, also with a 50% deposit required. Time required to make the gears is round about 3 months. They are, for sure, using the 5th gear set out of a 626 so that can be purchased at a later date if that group buy happens. Its ratio is .730

The reason I am starting this here is because the Cable G-series seemingly uses different gears (that is what I have been told buy a few people) than the '03 Protege tranny used in an example in the above thread. I was hoping I could spark interest in a few guys that are looking for a way to strengthen our G-series tranny above just the MFactory diff.

Can anyone that has experience with other trannies please speak up and confirm same or different gears? Anyone? Anyone? Damkid? Damkid? Beuller? Bueller? If they are the same then we can jump in on the group buy and be happy. If they are different then we can possibly do our own group buy.

Hot-Wheels and I both are very interested in a possible group buy. Anyone else interested please speak up so we can get things rolling and see if this is possible.

We all know the Festiva can't put much more than 250hp to the ground, though it can be done with slicks and proper road conditions. Wouldn't it be nice to not have to worry about your tranny any more? Maybe with a stronger tranny some guys might try to put down some strong engine #'s and get into the 10's. Or just plain old piece of mind.
    -Bryant

Wouldn't it be nice to not have to worry about your tranny any more?

I want to blow one up first, then I might worry.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

I don't want to. LOL
      -Bryant

Comment

Working...
      X