Progressive water methanol contro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progressive water methanol contro

The cool thing about this would be the 3d output from your fmu. Need more water meth mixture? Get a smaller fuel injector. The fuel injector would be controlled with the inverse duty cycle going to the gasoline fuel injectors. So at the torque peak the injector would bleed off the smallest amount of air. The plenum purpose is to smooth the air pressure reference signal going to the fmu.

Comment

We all end up using a fmu on our aftermarket turbo systems anyway. Why not use one to control the mixture with the least volatility. Get the most knock control fuel control possible. This appears to be superior in my mind over modulating pump voltage, or using a fast acting valve in line going to a water methanol injector. This setup would provide the smoothest flow from your wmi nozzle as possible, with tons of customization abilities, at lowest cost possible. We all have spare fuel injectors laying around
      Last edited by bhearts; 06-26-2014, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I'm on ms
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

And I have that option also, but, I'm seriously intrigued by non electronics tuning, and this has become my best attempt of an idea for wmi control diy. I've decided that a pvc plenum would be the most economical idea. So I'll start there. I'm about halfway done with my turbo manifold, but that must come first

Comment

As I see it right now, there is nothing inherently wrong with 100 percent flow pump on water methanol injection, but what happens when you turn your boost up, you have to buy a new injector. Fmu would compensate this change instantly

Comment

So what controls the air bleed injector? A normally closed relay?

Idea sounds great.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I'll guess that you understand duty cycle. At peak torque the 4 fuel injectors spraying fuel will be at roughly 80 percent duty cycle. That means on for 80 percent off for 20. I'll develop a circuit to inverse this duty cycle so that this air injector bleeds off air at an opposite duty cycle of that of the actual fuel injectors. So at peak torque lets say the duty cycle of the air injector will be 20 percent on, to bleed off the smallest amount of air, which would cause the most methanol to be sprayed. Make a little sense?
                Last edited by bhearts; 06-27-2014, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Yep. I was just wondering what specifically you were using to control the bleed injector in that "circuit". I don't know the response time of a relay you can get cheap, but my thought was to use the off time of the fuel injector drivers to control a normally closed relay directly. So any time the fuel injectors are off the air bleed injector is on, etc. So you would need no logic to inverse the duty cycle. It would do it automatically in response to what the fuel injectors were doing.
                  Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                  91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Since the injectors I have access to are all high impedance, there won't be a lot of current issues with trying to find a relay that could handle that sort of current and frequency. I don't think a f.e.t. would have issues at all with this purpose,

Comment

Working...
                    X