just gotta 5 speed trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just gotta 5 speed trans

I need a lil help, First of all I had a guy bring me a used good 5 speed trans today than I plan on swapping out on my 4 speed, how much is the 5 speed worth
    because im planning on trading him my aqua blue shell festiva with no motor or trans and the interior is gutted, yall recon this is fair?
    and secondly any tips on the swap would be great.
    I would like to have that 5th gear.
    Thanks
    91 festiva L five speed red/black
    74 Honda cl200
    89 festiva Lx efi automatic grey
    90 festiva L aqua blue parts car

A plain old gutted shell will probably get you maybe $125 scrap if you're lucky. If it is rust free, dent free with a title you could probably sell it for $400 plus pretty easily. I have seen 5 speed trannies go for about $150+ on here and at my ljy's they are $50-150. It is a very good deal for you if you are happy with it. That is the most important thing.
    -Bryant

Comment

no I rethought it the shell still has Everything exept motor and transmission, plus interior is disassembled and trashed. Its got glasses, hood, rear hatch, doors, suspension, spindles, hubs ,brakes, rims, rack/pinion, brake booster, and has many random parts mixed in the interior junk pile.
      so I asked him to reconsider 100 bucks plus he wanted the power seat belt track. How much are those things worth?
      74 Honda cl200

Comment

Those are hard to get rid of "in my opinion". Others may say otherwise. I have had several sets to get rid of and have always had to give them up. But it also depends on your location, who is near you, and how bad they might need them. I always put manual belts in my cars and end up throwing the auto belt assemblies away cause nobody has ever wanted them when the time was here.

As far as the car goes that is waay to much to give for the tranny. If it is rust free I GUARANTEE you could sell if quickly if you were to [FS] it, especially given your location in the Festiva Heartbeat of America (close to the rust belt is what I mean lol). $100 and the belts sounds VERY reasonable if it is a known good and tight tranny.
        -Bryant

Comment

^ agreed belt and 100 is a fair deal shell is worth much more than a Trans.
          As far as the swap it's just a direct replacement , I just went the other was 5 to 4 earlier this year.
          Couple hour job if the axles come out!.
          Check and replace clutch if it needs it.

Comment

finally got to the swap today, took 4 hours but its done. took it out for a drive and man I love it. these lil cars is awesome.
            only thing is I now have small leak from my left cv axel seal so ima need to find replacements and get on that she had no leaks before and I don't want none now.
            74 Honda cl200

Comment

Working...
            X