BPT Megasquirt questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BPT Megasquirt questions

For the guys wtih a BPT and megasquirt, couple of questions. Ive searched around on here and the interwebs but theres conflicting info.

1) Where did you mount your IAT sensor (especially the FL guys)? Sometimes I see pre turbo others I see between the intercooler and (close to the)tb. My only concern is with heat soak.
    2) Where did you get your vacuum sources from for your MS, BOV, and boost gauge?

My iat is mounted as close to the throttle body as possible on my intake intake piping. Ms vacuum feed from intake manifold, "T's" into boost gauge. BOV also ran to the intake manifold. Wastegate goes to as close to the turbo as possible for external.
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Same here as Mike. As close to the tb as possible, so you get an accurate temp going in. Vac is anywhere on intake log
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I was just thinking about drilling/tapping my intake manifold for the IAT...anything wrong with that idea?
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
          I was just thinking about drilling/tapping my intake manifold for the IAT...anything wrong with that idea?
          The manifold can run warmer than intake air, with egr and coolant running through it.

Comment

No egr and I would probably bypass the coolant.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

To each his own. This was easiest for my setup. Don't know why you need any more accurate temp. readings. It all fluctuates while it's running on the ms.
              I've seen a little heat soak in fl it's usually goes away after about 1-2 min not making more heat (boost) obviously. The intake temp comes down a lot. That's boosting and shutting the car down to get hot and then starting again. I see high afrs when I get back to the car for a min. Nothing crazy just normal idle for me is around 13.4 it will go to 14.7 at idle. MAT reads 118 max on any of my logs.
              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

I'd probably shoot for high 14-low 15 at idle and cruise anyway. Gotta stretch that gas lol
                91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Yeah it's not as easy as it sounds.

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

I gave my mega squirt a dedicated or independent vacuum source from the manifold.

IAT is close the TB as mentioned above.

My idle is spot on @ 14.7 and cruising is about the same maybe a hair leaner in the 15s

I wouldn't run it in the intake Plenum because of the heat soak, but then again it's all about what your tuner recommends if you're having someone tune it.
                    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Working...
                    X