No announcement yet.

Twin charged bp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• made some stuff. Had to clearance bypass valve port a bit, to get touched up with a dremel next,

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• So the plate with the 3 inch hole it it is the supercharger output, it's going to sit over the charger face, and I shaved down the charger in that last picture so that the bypass valve air can meet up with the opening of that plate. Hopefully I can smooth it out allot better with sanding devices, but all I used tonight was a cutoff wheel. I plan on drilling and tapping the supercharger face and the plate. Maybe 10 different spots just for safe keeping. Any ideas on what would stay best in that big gap between the bypass and supercharger outlet? I was thinking epoxy, or some silicone or something, just to minimize that turbulence there,

Last edited by bhearts; 06-21-2015, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• So I started drilling and tapping the charger body to attach the cover, you can also see I filled that gap with some steel epoxy, sanded smooth. I'm probably going to have 14 to 16 bolts holding the collector plate to the body of the charger, that is for structural purposes so I can use the plate for mounting. It will be going in front of the engine, with the outlet facing forward.

Comment

• I honestly don't know if it's going to fit between the block and the radiator area, but with the advance lower radiator support mod, moving that radiator forward 2 inches is really going to help.. I'd hate to have to move the engine backwards to make it fit, but.... It will be off setting allot of that lost weight by having the supercharger forward and close to the oil pan. Only time will tell. Will have massive front mount intercooler, along with massive water to air intercooler heat exchanger up front, so that will help allot with weight too. ^ big intercooler

Comment

• Cool stuff.
            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Exciting! It's turning out well. Tons of difficult projects left. Won't be able to run exhaust in factory location. Eek

Comment

• For space issues, I'm debating on wether to run supercharger in remote location for intercooling, or just attaching it straight to the intake manifold with no intercooling. While twincharging with the bypass supercharger method, the supercharger would not be compressing air once the turbo is spooled, but I'm worried about the air going through the sc and having it act as a reverse intercooler, sucking the hot air off the rotors and body totally negating the intercooler between the turbo and supercharger. Does anyone have pertinate info about residual air warming from the supercharger after dyno pulls or w/e. Like how long post pull would it take intake temps to return to pre pull levels.

Comment

• Hurry up already! We need to go troll the races with our sleepers.

Comment

• I want to see so much squeeze and bang it pushes the crank out the bottom of the pan.

Yes.

Do it.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                      For space issues, I'm debating on wether to run supercharger in remote location for intercooling, or just attaching it straight to the intake manifold with no intercooling. While twincharging with the bypass supercharger method, the supercharger would not be compressing air once the turbo is spooled, but I'm worried about the air going through the sc and having it act as a reverse intercooler, sucking the hot air off the rotors and body totally negating the intercooler between the turbo and supercharger. Does anyone have pertinate info about residual air warming from the supercharger after dyno pulls or w/e. Like how long post pull would it take intake temps to return to pre pull levels.

Can you put an intercooler on top of the engine and make a hood scoop for it like in the fist picture on this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_ View Post
                        I want to see so much squeeze and bang it pushes the crank out the bottom of the pan.

Yes.

Do it.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
                        Funny you should say that, I am pretty sure we just did that with my Buick. I was showing Bryan the latest boost increase and popped a rod or something.

Comment

• Uh oh!
                          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                            Uh oh!
                            It's all good. It will be a good excuse to get that cradle set up for quick removal and set up to go in the back of the Festiva. I have a block I can build.

Comment

• I'm so torn. I want intercooling between both stages of compression, but remote mounting an Eaton charger seems impossible especially when the engine gets moved forward 2 inches. Tons of space behind the engine attached to the intake, just no room up front. And I don't think belt routing will work with the engine mount where it's at. It may have to go to the front of the engine, factory power steering pump bolt holes.

Comment

Working...
                              X