Confused.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused.

I'm looking at a XR2 for doing the engine swap.
    Would I need the transmission as well?
    I've read a handful of post, but I am confused.

Thanks
    Last edited by ottoparts; 02-04-2015, 09:09 AM.
    Whoa, that was fun!

Yes. And the axles and front brakes
    -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by ottoparts View Post
      I'm looking at a XR2 for doing the engine swap.
      Would I need the transmission as well?
      I've read a handful of post, but I am confused.

Thanks
      You don't "need" the XR2 transmission, but it is highly recommended. The B6T will bolt to the stock festiva tranny but the tranny was never designed to handle that much power and won't last long under the average spirited driving. It is highly recommended to use the XR2 tranny and axles.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Not if you are literally just swapping the engine; but the XR2 G-series tranny is far stronger, so for practical/longevity reasons, yes. Keep your Festy tranny as a backup.

For brakes, either use the XR2's knuckle and brakes, which will require 14" wheels; or you can still do an Aspire swap and use 13" wheels if you want. Either brake is much better than a Festy's. I have XR2 brakes and they REALLY do the job.
        Last edited by TominMO; 02-04-2015, 09:43 AM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I'm in talks with a guy that has a complete XR2. Engine is not running. Originally was only after the engine and associated parts. But now might be working on a price for the whole car.
          Thanks guys for the quick answers.
          Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

Well it took awhile and I posted in the "general" discussion section last night, but we have come to an agreement on price and I put a deposit on the car last night. I am acquiring a complete 91 Capri XR2 Turbo.
            The swap isn't going to happen super quick, but hopefully sometime this year.
            I thank you folks for your input.
            Last edited by ottoparts; 02-21-2015, 10:07 AM.
            Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

Good, there's quite a few of us here that can help too
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Congratulations! The B6t is a great swap.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                X