stock b3 or swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock b3 or swap?

I'm getting an 1989 festiva with a automatic tranny, I've been looking at engine swaps and all that, but what can I do with just the stock b3 motor to have it a little bit faster? Obtaining Speed on a budget won't get me far I know, but any ideas or tips are greatly appreciated.

Nothing you can really do except bolt on some expensive hard to find parts (header, cam, etc) and/or pull the head and port it, bigger valves, build up the block etc. There are several engines that will bolt up and make more power.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Swap that auto out for a manual tranny. Fortunately, your 89 auto has what's rumoured to be the most powerful fuel injection offered in a Festy. Unfortunately, it's a 1 year only system that can be difficult to find parts for at times. It does have some cool features though, like aluminum fuel rail like the b6d has and the same fuel pump as the turbocharged 323 and Capri cars.
      There are a couple of high performance cams offered, but both are rare as hens teeth and you may need to use roller rockers from an aspire. You could turbo it pretty cheap if you've got access to some fabrication equipment, but plan on blowing it up within a year ( that seems to be the maximum lifespan of a boosted b3 from what I've seen on this site).
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
      X