miata coil pack ignition swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miata coil pack ignition swap

I was wondering if there is a way to convert our dizzy ignition over to a coil pack setup like in a miata
    I will do my own digging around i Just want some input from the community, just to see what yall think

Use a megajolt system. About 200.00. It uses the Ford EDIS system for the coil packs. (found on a lot of Fords in the late 80-90's)

http://www.autosportlabs.net/MegaJolt_Lite_Jr.

A friend of mine used one on his Mazda B2000 truck and never had to change the program that came installed from the factory.

And Welcome!!! Good to have another GA member.
    Last edited by Team Lightning; 03-05-2015, 01:45 AM.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

You could wire it in. the miata 1.6 and festiva both use the same ECM type, with identical plugs so It's just a matter of researching the wiring schematics, adapting the miata ignition outputs and using a 1.6 miata ecm. Seems like a lot of work for wasted spark though.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

With the other mods being done to my engine i wanted to upgrade to a high energy coil.
        My b3 is starting with getting bored. 040over and a friend of mine is reworking my cylinder head.
        I may run 1.6 injectors depending on fuel demands.
        Last edited by dustinp; 03-05-2015, 04:53 AM.

Comment

I built two coil pack ignitions for the B3 engine. The first one was for a Festiva and the second one was for an Aspire. the Festiva is relatively simple when compared to the Aspire. The Aspire system needs an additional sensor that is wickedly complicated to set up..... I did manage to set one up but it wasn't worth the effort.

Anyway with a Festiva you need a Miata CAS + 94 and up Miata coil pack ( or 96 and up Saturn coil pack) + some custom parts. See link below....

Sometime in the near future I plan on simplifying the above system with an Ardurino based circuitry.

Comment

Working...
          X