• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6-ZE on the Left B5-ZE on the right
    1967 GTA 351 Roller GT40
    1988 Festiva LX B5 Turbo, MegaSquirt, Aspire Swap
    2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin
    2013 Escape 2.0 EcoBoost

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established.

--JEFFERSON DAVIS

Comment

• Originally posted by FoMoCoMotion View Post
      Thanks for the info guys. Seems I have a lot to learn about these little beasts! Growing up in rural Wilkes Co. NC (the birth place of stock car racing) I never really understood the drift scene. As a kid racing go-karts and such it seemed the goal was always looking for traction and corner speed; the exact opposite of drifting
      I tore down one of the Miata motors today and noticed another difference between the B6-ZE and B5-ZE engines. The B5's pistons are pressed-on style and the B6's use circlips to hold the wrist pins in. The B6 also has an oil drain / vent tube in the back that you had pointed out earlier in this post. Which style is preferred, Pressed or floating?
      serious engine builders use full floating wrist pins. You will need bushed rods. Pistons can be machined for retaining clips or sourced from an engine that uses full floating pistons.
      Last edited by Dragonhealer; 02-05-2017, 08:11 PM.
      No car too fast !

Comment

• Originally posted by reddragon View Post
        Is this the vent location, the hole on underside of alternator mount?

My ZLde has the same block as that late B6d. Here is what it looks like inside the cavity that this hole goes into.

It's just a cavity, made by the oil pump housing and the block.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• The big end bore of the B6-ZE rod bore is also larger than the B5-ZE's. My El-Cheapo Harbor Freight gauge measures the B6 at 1.89" and the B5 at 1.69".

PS - It's amazing how well Berryman Chem Dip works to clean up varnish.
          1967 GTA 351 Roller GT40
          2013 Escape 2.0 EcoBoost

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established.

--JEFFERSON DAVIS

Comment

• Yeah, carb dip is pretty amazing. Don't get it on your hands though, it's a pretty potent neurotoxin.
            The ZLde crank has smaller big end I.D. than the B6d too. I haven't mic'd them yet. They look like the same size bearings as the b3 though.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Read it in the first post, that you can run the b6ze with the stock b3 festiva ecu. But haven't been any to find any detailed information.

Any links or DIY threads I might be over looking?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ihasmiat? View Post
                Read it in the first post, that you can run the b6ze with the stock b3 festiva ecu. But haven't been any to find any detailed information.

Any links or DIY threads I might be over looking?

I don't think anyone has posted a DIY or a real detailed thread on it. I'll be doing the swap shortly, I'll post up the specifics. I've never done it personally, but I've driven 2 cars with this setup and can say first hand that it works good.

Comment

• Awesome, please any and all information on it would be appreciated. I already read your post about shaving part of the distributor, idle valve (which I don't need here in Florida) bypassed that on my first 1.6 miata.

Where are you located? If your in Florida I'd love to come hangout and work on some cool festivas?

Comment

• Joe & Charlie, would either of you be interested in the 1.5L rotating assembly as a partial trade towards a custom strut / shock combo? Thinking of using the 1.6L rotating assembly for ease of replacement parts.
                    Last edited by FoMoCoMotion; 02-14-2017, 09:45 PM.
                    1967 GTA 351 Roller GT40
                    2013 Escape 2.0 EcoBoost

--JEFFERSON DAVIS

Comment

• eh not really. I can do it but I've only put one of the "Advanced" setups together so I may not get everything right. I'd prefer to do a straight cash deal.
                      Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

• Originally posted by FoMoCoMotion View Post
                        Joe & Charlie, would either of you be interested in the 1.5L rotating assembly as a partial trade towards a custom strut / shock combo? Thinking of using the 1.6L rotating assembly for ease of replacement parts.
                        Possibly. I'd need pictures of the crank and rods first though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ihasmiat? View Post
                          Awesome, please any and all information on it would be appreciated. I already read your post about shaving part of the distributor, idle valve (which I don't need here in Florida) bypassed that on my first 1.6 miata.

Where are you located? If your in Florida I'd love to come hangout and work on some cool festivas?

Arizona, but there are a few members in FL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                            Arizona, but there are a few members in FL.
                            I'm in Jacksonville but most of the other guys are South of Orlando
                            "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                            sigpic
                            "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                            "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                            "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                            "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                            https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• B5-ZE Crank & Rods:
                              Crank.jpgCrank1.jpgCrank2.jpgCrank3.jpgCrank4.jpgCrank6.jpgCrank7.jpgCrank8.jpgCrank9.jpgCrank10.jpg
                              1967 GTA 351 Roller GT40
                              2013 Escape 2.0 EcoBoost

--JEFFERSON DAVIS

Comment

• Crank11.jpgCrank12.jpgCrank13.jpgCrank14.jpgCrank15.jpgRods.jpgRods_Crank.jpgRods1.jpgRods2.jpgRods3.jpg
                                1967 GTA 351 Roller GT40
                                2013 Escape 2.0 EcoBoost

--JEFFERSON DAVIS

Comment

Working...
                                X