duratec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duratec

ok guys i have got my mind set on the duratec instead of the zetec. the duratec that was in the svt focus's. there is a great aftermarket for this engine, supercharger, ported heads, rotating assemblys, and alot more. my plan is to fix my crotch rocket and sell it or save up so i can head over to copart.com and buy a salvageable svt focus for very little then part it out for what i dont need. i will run a standalone by AEM to make the harness easy. this "stock" engine will be going into my "test car", if i like it i will get a duratec built from the ground up and then put it in a rust free car once i find one. we can talk about woulda-coulda. but this is all about doing it for real. tell me what you guys think, jake.

thats an interesting engine choice. i think the main thing holding back the b6d or bp is transmission capabilites. if possible this engine has transmission options with it that routinely stand up to 300+, i think it sounds like a good idea. but theres tons of b6ze goods out there to make one stout little engine.

Comment

thanks for the feedback i haven't really took the trans into factor yet, i just seen one on youtube with the intake side of the head facing front-words superchargers are widely produced for these so there could be your dual charged engine hahaha

Comment

The svt engine IS a zetec (ford) engine. The 2.0 post-2004 or so and the 2.3 are duratec, aka Mazda mzr.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

what im confused the valve cover said duratec....

Comment

Are you sure its an svt then?

They don't say either on them.

91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Does it bolt up to the g transmission?

Comment

Gonna say no. Stock svt trans is a 6 speed getrag. Non svt is either the IB5 or MTX-75… can't remember.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

I could be wrong though since I think the zx2 used a G trans and that's a zetec.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

I swear this topic comes up exactly like this once a year, and the same guys respond. Haha.

One thing to keep in mind is, these cars are light, I mean really really light. Making tractable power is more important than big numbers. That can be done with a duratec engine, but the size of the engine and associated components may cause some fitment issues. Needless to say, I'd love to see it done and not just talked about.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

You're definitely right. Still have yet to see someone swap a ford engine in.
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                        I could be wrong though since I think the zx2 used a G trans and that's a zetec.
                        Correct

The MZR had a G series as well

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

ok i was wrong maybe I read it in the specs or shopping for parts...

Comment

I know this lol but I will find a way to get the power to the ground! first I have to see how much traction I will be losing before I can fix the problem

Comment

The Speed3's didn't come with a G series, the tranny code starts with A (can't remember fully off hand)

I'm on the look out for an MZR G series trans for a potential project idea

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                              X