B6 auto tranny swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6 auto tranny swap question

I did a quick search to see if I could run into any past discussion on this but didn't notice any, so...

I'm usually on the Mazda 323 forum. However, I am in the process of seriously looking for a Festiva for my parents. They are "older" and were interested in getting a second car as a sort of back-up car and/or local grocery hopper. I am pushing for a Festiva for them because I feel somewhat familiar/confident about working on it since I have owned its "cousin" (323) for 12+ years now.

Anyway, I found a Festiva with a 3-speed auto. Did Ford ever make a model that had the 4-speed overdrive like the 323? If not, has anyone ever swapped one in? Is this possible? Is it a straight bolt-up or are there any potential complications that i should be made aware of? I probably wouldn't swap one in right away....

I have a b6 motor that I am building up in my garage to eventually replace the b3 in it now when it gets more "tired". At that point, I would hope to drop in the 4-speed auto tranny too.

Is there an issue with matching half-shafts? Speedo compatibility issues? Problems with mounting hardware matching up? Size difference issues?

Let me know when you get the chance.

Honestly, personally, i would rather have a 5-speed, but that is not an option for my parents at this point.

Thanks..... 8)

Oops. Sorry. I guess i should have put this thread in the "swap" category. My bad. I took it as a drive train issue. Can a moderator move it for me? :lol:

Comment

Working...
    X