Festy motor/tranny into Aspire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festy motor/tranny into Aspire

I'm gonna be sticking my 85 WHP Matt D. Festy motor and its 5-speed tranny into my Aspire. I know to use Aspire axles. As far as the front and rear tranny mounts, do I use the Aspire ones or the Festy ones?

I see on Rock Auto there is only the front Aspire mount. Two brands, DEA and Westar. Any thoughts on which is better?
    There is also only one mount listed for the Festiva, and it doesn't say whether it's the front or rear. Anchor, DEA and Westar brands.

Are the front and rear tranny mounts the same for a Festy, and the same for an Aspire (but different from the Festy ones)?
    Last edited by TominMO; 03-18-2015, 05:59 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

aspire mounts with festiva brackets?

Comment

Here's what I'm seeing at Rock Auto. Interesting that some of the mounts are the same between manual and auto trannies.

1995 Aspire
      Manual front...Westar EM5104 (front)
      Manual rear....DEA A5203 (not specified front or rear; same appearance and price as EM5104)
      Auto front........DEA A5203 (not specified front or rear)
      Auto rear.........Westar EM5103 (rear; same appearance and price as A5203)
      In other words, according to Rock Auto all manual and auto front and rear tranny mounts look the same! They are the rounded type.

1990 Festiva
      Manual....DEA A2653 (doesn't specify front or rear)
      Auto........Hayden 26601 (listed as for a manual trans but in the auto trans section!)
      Auto........DEA A2653 (doesn't specify front or rear)
      All the Festy front and rear auto and manual mounts look like the bracket type.

I think their listings are screwed up. There are two distinct types of mounts. One is rounded, with a flat side that has two bolts sticking out of it. It takes a bolt thru the rounded section. I think this is the front mount. The other is a squarish brackety type of mount, with only one bolt sticking out of the end that bolts to the tranny crossmember, and two bolts that attach the mount to the tranny itself. I think this is the rear mount.

So now I'm wondering if Festy and Aspire manuals use the same rounded front tranny mount, and the same bracket-type rear mount. Anyone know for sure from experience?
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

You'll need the aspire mounts. They are all a little different, enough finagling and you could probably make whatever work but you might as well keep it simple. Aspire brackets aspire mounts... You'll have to use the aspire brackets off the stock tranny I don't think we can buy those new?!!!? Could be wrong..
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

OK, thanks zoom.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
          X