sequential turbo charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sequential turbo charge

Has anyone tried to put a sequential turbo charger system on a b6 or a bp? It sounds like it would be fun.
    92 Ford Festiva GL- DD/WIP Deathstiva
    97 Ford Ranger 2.3l 5-speed- parts getter

I thought of this with a small traditionally mounted turbo on a tubular header with a large (50mm+) wastegate and a larger rear mounted turbo. My best guess was a Garrett1752 front and a 3076r rear on a b6t with 8.5:1 comp and a multifuel injection setup. Gasoline until 15psi and then a gradual transition to e85 or nitromethanol depending on how badly I want to strip every tooth off of 3rd gear. Haha

Unfortunately, the Festiva is not a good platform for those who want to build complex high hp setups. This car is so light that a topically laggy setup is not that at all. Case in point, my Capri XR2 is slightly laggy and really needs to be spooled up to be dominant in fast freeway traffic. My Festiva with a stock b6t would pull even with a 600cc sport bike on the freeway. It wasn't laggy, it was smooth and ridiculously fast. The Capri... not so much.
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-16-2015, 07:36 PM.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Id love to try it if I wasn't already planning out a supercharger turbocharger build. Is it bad that I find sequential turbo seemingly more complex than a twin charged build? If you were desperate for something unique, quick spool, and high power, and didn't mind refilling consumables, I think a pre turbo nitrous propane with an oxygen push setup would push your happy buttons. 20 shot of wet nitrous would really spool an oversized turbo quicker. And you could set it up to only spray from wide open throttle until boost hits desired level, say 10psi

Comment

As to not waste it, and overdo peak power numbers

Comment

I have a 300gt turbo and a 2002 wrx turbo. Hmm.
          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

That 9b would be super fast spool on a b6 engine.

Comment

Yeah. Got a buddy that would support the idea and help with it too. He gave me the 9b. Didn't know I already had the wrx unit. Oh man. drool
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Thought about this, my Saab turbo from my old bp turbo setup with my holset in the back. Would prolly cause pistons to fly.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                X