LSD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSD's

Any news on LSD's for the Festiva trany???

Did FMS ever get the ones from Japan in??

What's the scoop on Phantom Grip LSD's?
    Jspec B6t, Starion Conquest intercooler, Greddy Type S bov. Go Fast Bits Mach 1 bov. Spec Stage 4 clutch. SDS engine management.

I had great lick with the Phantom Grip. Its cheap, but it needs to be "fit" to your application which means a bit of precision grinding is required so if you don't have the skills of Patience to install it properly the you can't complain about its function. Mine worked great and was in the car for over 13,000 hard miles and showed no signs of wear. It was only shiny where it contacts the spiders but no material transfer.

Clinton

Comment

What application was it originally for???

What spring is best to use with a B6T swap??

How much does it cost?
      Jspec B6t, Starion Conquest intercooler, Greddy Type S bov. Go Fast Bits Mach 1 bov. Spec Stage 4 clutch. SDS engine management.

Comment

It was about $270 and I used the heaviest springs (I forget what color) It is for the Festiva ,But it also fits Volkswagen and other cars so they are kind of a blanket application of different tranys. If you sent me your final drive out of your trany and the PG I could install it for you.

Clinton

Comment

Thanks for the offer but I have a good friend who owns a racing shop here in Edmonton. Were prepping my festiva for Rally. He has experience with the Phantom Grip but hes only put them in Hondas before. This is the first Festiva to ever be in his shop. Mostly he does SR20 swaps. Anyway, he can make it work. We were more wondering if they made a direct application for the Festiva or if it was a "universal fit". And what colour spring to use. you wouldn't happen to have a part number would ya?

Any way, So your happy with the Phantom Grip?

How long have you used it for?

What would be the advantage/disadvantage using the PG over the LSD from Cusco??

Comment

advantages and disadvantages? well the phantom grip is a lot cheaper. I'm not sure how the performance matches up on the 2 units but i have heard good things about the pg's. i think the heavy duty springs are the gold springs, i could be wrong on that though it's been awhile since i looked it up.
            Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
            1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
            1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
            2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Working...
            X