No announcement yet.

B3-E Turbo/Supercharger Capabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No comment on the VW but the millenia supercharger is a super cool little twin screw blower made by IHI so at least it's family.
    ...if i recall they are designed to make a boost at basically idle on the funky 2.3L miller cycle V6 in the millenia (needs a positive intake charge since the intake valve hangs open while the piston is on its way back up). Soemthing like 6psi normally and somewhere just south of 20 psi with the go pedal mashed.
    If you can make it work you'll be my personal hero, but it'll probably be a bit of a nightmare.
    Have a look at the manifold and bypass setup on a millenia...it gives me a headache.

Comment

Definitely would stick to Mazda B engines unless you wanna be a pioneer.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

You could probably make mk1 VW knuckles fit a festiva somehow. Then you'd just use mk1 100mm axles. This may require custom fabbbed control arms though. The ABA is a great engine, especially in its OBD1 variant. I built a 78 rabbit 4 door that gets 60mpg highway regularly with an OBD1 ABA, auto tech cam, and OBD2 management with a TT chip. It's a quick car too.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
        X