Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cpu / tuning for b3 turbo or just adjustable air and fuel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cpu / tuning for b3 turbo or just adjustable air and fuel?

So this is for sure happening just wanna get all the parts together for a strong powerful and reliable b3 turbo setup.... Motors undergoing new gaskets all around as we speak ... New timing belt iridium plugs Denso wires new cap n rotor new water pump... Trying to make it as fresh as possible for this build any tips or help would be great ... Think I found a b3 turbo manifold as well so that's a start.

Originally posted by NateHertz View Post
    So this is for sure happening just wanna get all the parts together for a strong powerful and reliable b3 turbo setup.... Motors undergoing new gaskets all around as we speak ... New timing belt iridium plugs Denso wires new cap n rotor new water pump... Trying to make it as fresh as possible for this build any tips or help would be great ... Think I found a b3 turbo manifold as well so that's a start.
    Unless the manifold is homemade, it's probably not compatible. There's no ecu tuning to speak of, but look into buying an fmu. It's for raising fuel pressure under boost, thatsa decent way to tune up to 10psi or so. Rate of fmu is dependant on base fuel pressure.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Alright any suggested ones? Part number? I also salvaged a inter cooler from a mk4 Jetta 1.8t that should fit nicely somewhere... And it has a forge BOV / Diverter if I want it its brand new dunno if I would be able to use it or not I don't see any b3 turbo builds on here that are fully done and built to last... Or that use a BOV

Comment

If you are on a stock Ecu you will have to blow through your vaf. Otherwise you will see a rich condition when you blow off the excess air in the intake piping. Find yourself a good clutch too. Fmu will get you into boost. Megasquirt would be ideal for tuning the engine for boost. I would get a b6t turbo if I was building a b3 turbo. A little big but would pull good. You have external or internal wastegate? I run 18+lbs on stock motorcraft plugs.
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Don't run iridium plugs in a turbo engine. The thin electrodes don't hold up well to boosted applications. The best plug choice for these engines is NGK V power, with a set of NGK plug wires and a good quality (Beck arnley, bosch, NGK or denso) cap and rotor. There are a couple of companies that will build you a plug and play Megasquirt ECU for your Festiva. That's the best way to have reliable fun with your turbo b3.
          Forge makes great valves, I'd run it as a diverter. A diverter is open more than its closed under normal driving conditions, so you want it to draw filtered air. Diverter valves bypass the turbo when the intake manifold is in vacuum. This helps the turbo to spool quicker than if you run a blow off.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Thanks guys much appreciated I've been in contact with my buddy who has an engine machine shop and builds custom pulling trucks and race trucks... He said he'd help me fab up what I need and that I don't have to spend a lot on parts we can basically make it all ... As far as the mega squirt how would I go about looking into getting a setup for my festiva any places or contacts? Also does Matt still have those comp cams ? Also would you guys recommend head work ? Port and polish?

Comment

Stratified Automotive Controls : - Plug and Play ECUs Sensors Tuning Cables Conditioning Circuits Mazda DISI Tuning Boost Control Technical Support Megasquirt, PNP, automotive, standalone
              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                Does that set it up to run with vaf, or can you use maf instead

Comment

Cpu / tuning for b3 turbo or just adjustable air and fuel?

It uses a map sensor to tell how much air is going into the engine. No more flapper.
                  Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 09-27-2015, 08:04 PM.

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

I have a ms3 that I put together, how much work is the install. And what timing input is everyone using

Comment

Working...
                    X