B6 noob stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6 noob stuff

Hello i have some questions for a build i'm planning to do to my 96 aspire, having trouble finding a 1.6 that are mentioned in the sticky, so i have been looking for other Mazda with 1.6s, so first off are all Mazda 1.6 the same around 1985-95 area or different. just want to make sure before i pull the trigger and blow money that i don't need to.

Gen1 B6 was in cars from 1986-89. Gen2 was from 1990-94. They were in 323s for those years, and Mercury Tracer had them from 1987-89. This is for the SOHC. There are also NA and turbo DOHC B6s, early-90s Capris for example.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

ok that helps, now that i've been reading alot more and finding more info, and scanning junkyards and craigslist, there isn't anything out there, but i have found plenty 1.8l, i have read a couple threads about them but could someone point me in a good direction of swaps/builds stuff like that. And after looking through the junk yards there seems to be a lot of neons with the 2.0 has anyone tried to swap one?

Comment

Let's just say there's a reason there are lots of neons in junk yards. If I was going to swap a 4 cylinder that isn't from the same engine family, I would go with a GM ecotec. Super reliable, easy to tune if you get the factory harness and computer, and they can make really, really nice power.

Comment

You should be able to find a capri motor with out to much trouble. Have you tried car-part.com that is usually my go to method of finding stuff in my area and getting an idea of what the pricing will be.

On the note of other larger engines, most are just to long to fit between the festiva farm rails in the front. If you've ever looked at some of the pictures of guys that have BPs with G series trans there is only about a half inch on each side. If you really wanted to investigate it though the most logical would be a 2.0 or 2.3 duratech/mzr. They were the evolution of the B series engines after a very short run of the Z series in some cars. Also the duratech/mzr engines came bolted to G series transmissions in front wheel drive applications so it should be possible to get them contacted to the front wheels with minimal work.
          Last edited by blake4591; 10-09-2015, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X