Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DOHC B6... Are Weber DCOE Style Manifolds Available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOHC B6... Are Weber DCOE Style Manifolds Available?

So I have a pair of Weber DCOE carbs leftover from a first-gen Celica that I ended up selling. I'm thinking about an eventual B6 swap; my '88 is carb'd, and I know how to tune Webers, I already have Webers, and nothing sounds better than Webers on an individual runner intake... so, I'd need a manifold to make this happen. I'd actually probably swap out the Webers for Dellorto DHLA's since they're a more refined carb and they mount up the same way, but most people are more familiar with Webers. I did some Googling but didn't find much, maybe someone on here knows a source? Is there even room between the engine and firewall for sidedrafts?

I have Dellorto DRLA downdrafts on my '64 VW bug and the drivability, throttle response, intake noise (music), and mileage is hard to beat. I need this in a Festiva if I do decide to swap it. Did I mention that they sound amazing at WOT?

'88 L- B6d-Sidedraft Dellorto Carbs-G-Series-Advanced Suspension
    '89 L B3-5 speed-A/C-Advanced Suspension

Project Goldilocks '66 C10 Short Fleet BBW Build
    '65 C10 Highly Detailed Stock Restoration Thread
    '55 International Metal/Body/Paint Work
    '66 F100 Full Rotisserie Restoration
    '40 Packard 120 Convertible Coupe Restoration
    How To Restore and Detail an Original Gauge Cluster
    How To Detail Sand Body Panels, Edges, Corners

Manifolds for the B6D/B6ZE do exist. Harada, Boig and a few others produce or produced manifolds at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by theastronaut View Post
      Is there even room between the engine and firewall for sidedrafts?
      I do not believe there is enough room for sidedrafts.
      I think you may want to do something similar to mine.
      I have a couple of extra pairs of twins with an adapter plate that is a straight bolt-on.
      PM me if you are interested.

Comment

Plenty of room if you move the engine forward in the bay, which you should do anyway because it makes the car hold the road like a WRC car.
        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 10-11-2015, 11:03 PM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

If you want to use downdraft Webers, you can probably fab something up using the bottom half of a EFI manifold. I have partially made up a dcoe sidedraft manifold using the entire EFI manifold.

See my for sale ad for pictures - it give you the idea.

Doug Brown

Comment

Working...
          X