a really dumb question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a really dumb question.

Serious dumb question.. Will a b6 head bolt on a b3 block?

Originally posted by 14carrot View Post
    Serious dumb question.. Will a b6 head bolt on a b3 block?
    Here's the serious hypothetical. What would make the most power, a b6 block, b3 head. Or a b3 block, b6 head.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

A b6 block with a b3 head would have higher compression I imagine. But the heads will switch?

Comment

The b3 head on a b6 block would be too restrictive to be beneficial.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I know. I'm doing a little project just to see how far I can take a b3 with junkyard parts. Just something to do to amuse myself.

Comment

Would it bolt up though? maybe he is on team CHEAPO and just wants to make something work.
            Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

Originally posted by Fecomatter View Post
              Would it bolt up though? maybe he is on team CHEAPO and just wants to make something work.
              Exactly

Comment

It bolts up, but the b3 bore is too small and the valves contact the cylinder. You may be able to relieve the cylinder walls to clear the valves, but I've never heard that anyone has successfully made this work.
                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 10-16-2015, 09:16 PM.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                  It bolts up, but the b3 bore is too small and the valves contact the cylinder. You may be able to relieve the cylinder walls to clear the valves, but I've never heard that anyone has successfully made this work.
                  Eh.. Got a b3 block with no head. Got a b6 head with no block... Worth wasting some time on I guess lol.

Comment

Ls swap please.
                    Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

If I had that kind of money I would build a turbo Lincoln mark 8 4.6 and transaxle and eat vettes for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by 14carrot View Post
                        If I had that kind of money I would build a turbo Lincoln mark 8 4.6 and transaxle and eat vettes for lunch.
                        You hardly need that

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Eh. Don't need a b3 b6 hybrid either. But its worth asking about.

Comment

I've devoured plenty of Vettes, and Ferraris with a stock b6t.
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Now that I've said it someone should try it. That would be awesome! Probably would never work though..

Comment

Working...
                              X