whats the best way for the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best way for the money?

i want to do a cat back exhaust and an intake. my question is; what would give me more power per dollar, a fms exhaust or a muffler shop special? also, how much should i expect to pay for a muffler shop to bend me up an intake? by the way, its for the b3.
    I have owned 15 nissan/datsun's and 1 ford. What the hell is the matter with me?
    93 L

any joe blows muffler shop can build you a decent exhaust and get the same gains. As for the intake keep the plastic ditch the box and bolt on bmw 318 adapter and conical air filter going to a place somewhere colder
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

somewhere on the site, i saw an intake made of steel tubing going from the intake manifold to where the filterbox would be, but had a cone filter in its place. i got a filter and an rx7 adapter for the end. wouldn't the tubing be better than the stock plastic? as far as the flow?
      I have owned 15 nissan/datsun's and 1 ford. What the hell is the matter with me?
      93 L

Comment

woodson, that mane sounds famillier..... hmmm.. oh ya anyways

If you have a autozone if your area they sell the spectre intake mock up
        kit for like $9.00. this is all the plastic elbows and stuff you need to mock up your own custom intake, these have the part numbers on them, then you go back and order the chrome peices.. wala custom setup.

Comment

with that autozone kit, will the stock hood have enough clearance? will i need a gtx hood? what about the two other inlets on the right side of the tubing, on top of the valve cover? i know i can eliminate the one on the left, but don't i need the other two?
          93 L

Comment

that picture is just an example, you buy the plastic mock up kit, then you buy the metal pieces, they bolt together, you can turn them, etc...

anything is possible with the kit, its really nice quality too, i dont see any clearence issues.

Comment

thanx. i will look into it.
              93 L

Comment

you will need to keep the bigger hose of the two on the right side of the intake pipe over the valve cover it goes to the IAC idle air controller the other is a breather that recycles hot air back into your intake remove that one...

that spectra crap looks cheap to me i'd rather keep the stock stuff IMO
                The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
                X