Which Clutch should i get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Clutch should i get?

I see most people say get the ACT. I just looked on their site and they have several different options. Which would be best for a street car that will be driven hard often and see the track from time to time?

The car will be daily driven as well. I am ok with a stiff clutch of whatever but my wife still needs to be able to drive it if need be.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

You still have the stock engine? If so, Luk or Exedy, you don't need anything fancy. Unless you have a bigger motor and or turbo'd, you don't need a stronger clutch. I'm running a well broken in factory clutch on a B6 SOHC, and it's never slipped.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Right sorry. I meant in the b6t. I have the capri already. When i pull the motor i want to go ahead and swap the clutch out as it will be much easier to do it then rather then later once its in place. I want to get a good strong clutch that can handle the capri+(rocketchiped, meth, fmic, other small mods/future mods).

The stock festiva motor and tranny will be up for grabs once the b6t is ready to go in.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Carlos with bp specialties in Orlando has competition clutch for $350 or something like that. I just bought a spec but it was $500. Check him out on Facebook bp specialties.
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Will do thanks!
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

It depends how nice you and your wife are on clutches. My wife is very hard on clutches, im considering buying one thats harder to slip for my civic so maybe it lasts longer... I bought a cheap ebay clutch ($60) for my stock festiva a bunch of years ago-dont remember the brand- and it lasted only 140,000km before it started to spin down between gears on a quick shift from the redline. Its still just fine to drive with 190k now But i haven't raced anyone in a long time. I was a bit disappointed because i think i am easy on clutches and dont slip them much at all. Even drove about a year only using the clutch for first and reverse. So if your driving hard and racing i think you'll still want a good clutch if you want it to last. Any clutch would hold for a while, i dont think you need a 'stage' clutch but i dont know what brand would be good for lasting awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Which Clutch should i get?

Oh, lol, i started typing that when there was only one comment and i had to do some things in between... Looks like you found what you needed though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by ryanprins13; 12-14-2015, 03:23 PM.

Comment

A stock replacement exedy mounted to a properly surfaced flywheel will hold all the mods you've listed and be easy for you and your wife to drive. The Capri XR2 uses the same clutch as the 323 gtx, which is AWD and b6t so that's a lot more load than a festiva. It's also the same clutch as used in some of Mazdas pickup trucks. It's a stout clutch. If you start making more than 200 ft lbs of tq, I would look for a clutch with more grip, but with just a tune and water meth, you'll be fine.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Also keep in mind that the fesiva is 2/3 the weight of a Capri xr2, and has 10 percent smaller tires. That's a lot less load on the clutch.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                  X