Shafts n spindles help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shafts n spindles help

So put a big Motor in a tiny car and wondering if any one could inform me on bigger spindles, lower control arms. I understand the Kia fits but haven't found any thing of it being better other than bigger brakes.

Not looking for trolls or the slashing.

We're making track bars for this set up. I'm just asking if any one has found heavier duty or better built than what it comes in the festiva. This is a USA 2dr model 91

I am willing to answer all serious questions about the build.

(if I posted in the wrong section please fix)

My turbo BP car has the complete Aspire swap with the exception of the sway bar, Aspire master cylinder and booster.
    It also has the lower radiator support mod.No problems with it.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Glad to see progress is being made on this. You shouldn't need bigger control arms, but if you do the Aspire ones are a bit longer and beefier. The stock ones are forged and much stronger than the metal they are bolted to.
      Aspire or Rio front brakes will give you plenty of stopping power. That Honda engine shouldn't be much heavier than a BPT (I wouldn't doubt that it's lighter). These cars don't require a lot of stopping power because they are so light.
      Did you start a build thread on this? If not, you should in the garage section. Lot's of people have talked about doing a Honda swap, but this is the furthest I've seen one come.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Side by side of the two motors

Thought I had a build thread but idk IL start one soon.

So I shouldn't have any problems with the tq of this motor ripping out the sway bar or anything like that? This motor ran 11.6 in a eg hatch that was gutted

Comment

You'll want to build a reinforced front lower rad support for your drag links to connect to. It's becoming a common mod on these cars, but the fastest festivas on this site are unmodified in this area. The front sway bar acts as a buffer to help the car maintain traction. It flexes with engine TQ. It seems to work with over 300ft.lbs of TQ, but we're not sure how much is too much with the stock bar. Drag links are a good idea, but you'll want to engineer them to flex little like the factory bar does.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Big thanx man IL keep yall posted, we're waiting for the new mounts to come in so we can build the brackets and RE reinforce the frame rails since we had to notch them for the motor to fit. After that the block is being sent off for css, then bigger pistons and tune the ITBs

Comment

well decided to scrap fabbing mounts to make the motor fit properly in the car and decided just to tube the front half so we could junk the awkward festiva suspension and run what the motor is used to. so we wacked off the front half and now going to a tubed eg civic style. coilovers control arms top and bottom, spindles, hubs, and si brakes also swapping the clutch to eg hydro. oh and the ITB for the G23 cam in some time ago also,

heres some pix for yall to enjoy

more to come

Comment

Can't wait to see this thing come together.

Comment

Here's another leak to this build

Sorry it took so long to update you guys and gals, we were waiting for a number of tools and materials to be delivered.

As you can see here all the sivas original front supporting members have been cut away, fenders are mocked up so we can start pulling measurements for the upper tube supports. As for as wheels we are using axis og wheels for mocking up a 15x8.5 25et.

Always remember to stay refreshed with Corona if your of legal age. Other wise get some POWERade.

Comment

Seriously VERY cool! I had thought about grafting an entire Miata front end onto a Festive - be interesting to see how your build goes. Doug Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Brown View Post
                      Seriously VERY cool! I had thought about grafting an entire Miata front end onto a Festive - be interesting to see how your build goes. Doug Brown
                      Thanx man. Honestly never thought about that Haha might be my next ridiculous build since I might be v8 swapping my miata after this is finished

BTW this is my miata if no one has seen it yet my Instagram is hellabeefy.

Last edited by b337yla; 03-22-2016, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Got a little bit of work done on the car this weekend here is how it sit with the beginning of the lower linkage for the eg civic suspension. Hope to get more done this week

Comment

Working...
                        X