Future turbo options!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future turbo options!

I will be using my festiva in the local scca autocross events. I dont really need a ton of power but i will want more at some point. To the guys that have had a B6T in their festiva and have since upgraded the turbo What works good on the 1.6L? In the future i want to replace the old small vj14 with something that can handle a bit more boost but not take 3 days to spool up. Clearly i have to get my B6T in and going and then get used to that then want more!

Right now im waiting on parts to be shipped so i have nothing to do to the car but think about it. In the end i would like the car to be around 250hp or more. I would like to stay with the B6T but upgrade the turbo so please dont say BPT. I want to finish this build and then mod it before i take on a BPT build.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Gt2554r garrett is the best choice. This topic is easier to research on www.miataturbo.net because it's easier to find builds with different turbo choices and dyno results, as well as how the systems work on a race track. The gt2554r will spool slightly faster than the stock vj14, and it will allow 250 hp without the heat issues that the vj14 suffers from.
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-26-2016, 02:43 PM.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      Gt2554r garrett is the best choice. This topic is easier to research on www.miataturbo.net because it's easier to find builds with different turbo choices and dyno results, as well as how the systems work on a race track. The gt2554r will spool slightly faster than the stock vj14, and it will allow 250 hp without the heat issues that the vj14 suffers from.
      Will check them out! I had not stumbled into that site yet. Thanks
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

You will need to look into getting a custom manifold/header too.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
          You will need to look into getting a custom manifold/header too.
          I will have to have the intake/exhaust built up for me! I can weld good enough to do small time stuff. I have a cheap flux core only welder.

Any ideas on people or places that can build or sell parts for my needs?
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

You're in Indiana. So is Dickmeyer Automotive. Look him up.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

sorry
              Last edited by mikemounlio; 01-26-2016, 04:23 PM.
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I would kinda like to keep my money in the forum tho. maybe a member here could build me one!
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Dickmeyer automotive is/was a member here and is a festiva fan.
                  The Festiva Store
                  Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

So to use the Gt2554r garrett i need to look into getting an intake and exhaust manifold made up! I will be upgrading the fuel pump as part of my current build. Is there any other supporting mods i should consider?
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                    X