Headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers?

Hey guys as you can see in my sig I don't own a festiva or aspire but a 323. Someone sent me hear cause I was looking for a header opting for my 323 and they said you guys might have an idea. Tia
    1987 Mazda 323 DX 1.6l, KYB GR2 struts w/ stock coils, hybrid cai, cut exhaust

Welcome to the forum!

Contact Matt Dickmeyer, who is in northern Indiana. He has a FB page called Dickmeyer Automotive Engineering. Nationally-ranked top-notch engine builder, who has built me two excellent 4-1 Festiva/323 headers, and can build anything you could possibly want, motor-wise.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

whats the price on this?

Comment

Originally posted by errjam View Post
        whats the price on this?
        Ask Matt. Also, don't expect a high-end builder who has many expensive contract builds to give his time away for practically free. Time = money, so he would naturally be expected to service his high-dollar clients first, then fit our little orders in during slow periods. That's how I always dealt with him--realistically.

His work is top-notch, and worth the price. Be prepared to cough up a good chunk of the cash up front; he has been burned before by people with more dreams than money.
        Last edited by TominMO; 01-28-2016, 07:07 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
          Ask Matt. Also, don't expect a high-end builder who has many expensive contract builds to give his time away for practically free. Time = money, so he would naturally be expected to service his high-dollar clients first, then fit our little orders in during slow periods. That's how I always dealt with him--realistically.

His work is top-notch, and worth the price. Be prepared to cough up a good chunk of the cash up front; he has been burned before by people with more dreams than money.
          I agree with Tom that he is worth your time and money. Especially if this is a hobby you enjoy.
          Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Check this out!

These too
            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 08-01-2016, 05:18 PM.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Both show a tri-y header, Mr Dickmeyer prefers a 4-1 design.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                Both show a tri-y header, Mr Dickmeyer prefers a 4-1 design.
                He is a drag purist though. He would naturally favour a single, higher rpm torque peak

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I still have a GENIE header for a 323 (I think) but I don't know if I will be able to bag the car that was going to be the donor for that build.
                  The header online lists as a mid three hundred buck unit

Speed ain't cheap - if you wanna play, be prepared to pay out
                  Last edited by Greywolf; 08-01-2016, 08:49 PM.
                  Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

I'd recommend getting Matt D's 4-1 header. Fits the Festy, Aspire and gen1 323. Mine also fits the gen2 323 because I had him add the gen2 outer top holes in the flange.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

I just thought it was neat that there are other options currently available (though maybe not easily available.)
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

And it's about time we were able to get them from the middle East... They've been making new chassis for 5 years now (at least) and I still don't know of anyone who has been able to procure any parts from that region since the embargo was lifted.
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I say we embark on a journey to the middle east to establish suppliers and a distribution network.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                            I say we embark on a journey to the middle east to establish suppliers and a distribution network.
                            Saipa convoy! :-)

Disaster preparedness

Comment

hey will that aussie header fit my B3 1993 manuel

Comment

Working...
                              X