Piece of the pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piece of the pie

Has anyone here ever messed around with pie cut angles on intake or exhaust stuff ? It's sure sexy

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've seen that done for DIY pipes for 2 cycle engines, but I've never seen it for something like that. Looks like TONS of work.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

i'm guessing this might be a tuner product that is 1 piece but is adjustable by spinning the gores to route it around obstacles. neat idea but every one of those joints adds restriction to airflow.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
        i'm guessing this might be a tuner product that is 1 piece but is adjustable by spinning the gores to route it around obstacles. neat idea but every one of those joints adds restriction to airflow.
        It's all totally welded stainless. Idk if that's what you were thinking or not.

Comment

I noticed that rounded lip aluminum pipe for typical inlet applications has very rough edge were the rubber meets the metal, cause slip fit. I want to see what the inside of the pipe in the picture looks like

Last edited by bhearts; 02-12-2016, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
              I noticed that rounded lip aluminum pipe for typical inlet applications has very rough edge were the rubber meets the metal, cause slip fit. I want to see what the inside of the pipe in the picture looks like

If the weld joints were properly prepped and purged then the inside will look similar to the outside except with no color. This is a technique that is usually used to make intricate contours in a tube product, but it's also often done simply for aesthetics.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

the 2nd pic makes it more obvious this is welded. truly amazing amount of work then. just tacking the gores up to get from point A to B had to be time consuming.

Comment

Working...
                X