X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by syed3000
    well I searched in my local junk yards and there is no B6 available there
    yes you are right, they are really extint
    so I was thinking, will it be possible for you guys to get a B6 from your local junkyard and then ship to me?
    and please quote me the exact prices, so dat if it works out, I can send you guys the money
    Thanx in advance
    shipping is a killer, a truckship can run$3-400 by itself, to where driving and picking it up yourself is cheaper.

where you at?

Comment

I could have got you a seized lower half for free about 3 months ago, only one seized piston , but it went to the crusher , and I haven't seen any more in the junk yards around here, and I also live in Nova Scotia, Canada which I'm assuming is quite far from you.

Comment

well, I am in Pakistan

Comment

Originally posted by syed3000
          well, I am in Pakistan
          Hmm. That does rule out driving to pickup.:lol:

Shipping from the States is out, though OZ/NZ
          might be a (still expensive) option

Comment

well yes, you are absolutely right
            Now I am thinking of finding another b3 and doing all the playing around with it. Since b3 and b6 block is identical, so I will just bore the b3 block and fit b6 pistons in it, and get the same b3 head ported and polished for easier flow and get the FMS performance camshaft.
            what do u guys say? How much difference is it gonna make?

Comment

I'm not sure you can bore the b3 out to fit b6 pistons, I thought I heard someone else mention that the blocks differed slightly, not sure though, I could be just talkin out my ass too :lol: I'm sure someone will pipe in with some more info, oh ya, I'm still checkin prices of shipping for you through FedEx but I think the biggest problem is being able to find a b6 block in Nova Scotia for ya :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by funky technician
                I'm not sure you can bore the b3 out to fit b6 pistons, I thought I heard someone else mention that the blocks differed slightly, not sure though, I could be just talkin out my ass too :lol: I'm sure someone will pipe in with some more info, oh ya, I'm still checkin prices of shipping for you through FedEx but I think the biggest problem is being able to find a b6 block in Nova Scotia for ya :cry:

Well thanx for ur effort Phil, but please leave it now. I learnt that the Govt. alone charges too much tax on the engines import : :cry: its gonna cost me 1000$ just for the import tax where as the whole engine wud cost only 150$ as u had told me :cry:
                So now I am thinking to get b3 block, since they are available here in junkyard and according to Wikipedia encyclopedia, B3 and B6 block are exactly the same. Just dat B6 is overbored. So that's why I was thinking to get a b3 block and get it overbored to fit b6 pistons in it.
                Chek out dis wikipedia link and then you will know wat exactly I am talking abt.

Comment

Working...
                X