Will it fit / will it work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it fit / will it work

Will a 88-89 carbie distributor fit onto 1.3 and 1.6 engines? Will it fit onto a 1.8 sohc 16 v engine? This is so that I could run 45 dcoe Webers.

Will a stock b-3 5-spd transmission handle the power output of a stock (104 hp) and mild (130 hp) 1.8 sohc 16 v engine?

The G25m-r and G15m-r will easily handle this power (?)

Do both of the G transmissions accepted the standard Festiva B-3 halfshafts, so I use them with Aspire automatic knuckles & brakes?

I want to get this straight before running around buying all the wrong stuff!

------------------------------------------------------
    I like Webers for their looks and they are easier to tune for different camshafts than a EFI engine (I am assuming?)

While EFI is nice, I don't like wires and tubing running everywhere. And I don't like turbo's either, lots of HP not withstanding.

This will all be on a non-street driven race car.

Thanks!

You will need capri xr2 intermediate shaft and axels or kia rio axels with a g. I believe 01-03 rio manual axels work.
    The distributor will go into those engines it may or may not line up with the bolt holes on the b8 not sure.
    Stock trans and good clutch will hold the power if your not dumping the clutch and wheel hoping all the time .

Comment

Working...
    X