Harmonic balancer /crank damper mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    That is awesome news Ryal. I'd like to do a write up on some of your development in the near future. With respect to your trade secrets of coarse. Many people would seriously question a 180hp NA b6 that's still running on factory fuel injection, but I've seen and driven these engines myself and this is no B.S. Ryal is a wizard.
    There are a few caviots, Miata ECU ( overclocked 10% ) and wiring harness, 5X Racing fuel regulator, "B" code AFM ( N326 13 210 ). The rest of the engine management is stock.
    test engines are Miata trim, ( important part here is the intake manifold ) the mechanicalls are much modified .......
    The ATI damper helps keep these togeather!

And I couldn't do half this stuff without Charlies feedback and testing!
    Last edited by Dragonhealer; 07-07-2016, 02:33 PM.
    No car too fast !

Comment

I'll be interested in a set sometime in the future. I've got a set of hks 264 cams that should do for now.
      Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
        I'll be interested in a set sometime in the future. I've got a set of hks 264 cams that should do for now.
        Not to hijack the thread, it is worth noting our cams are not "plug-n-play", they will cause the valves to crash the pistons in a standard engine. PM for details.
        No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
          Not to hijack the thread, it is worth noting our cams are not "plug-n-play", they will cause the valves to crash the pistons in a standard engine. PM for details.
          How would these cams perform with a turbo

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Untested so far. The days of special cams for turbo applications are pretty much over though. You don't want to run big overlap with a restrictive turbo on a short runner or log manifold though. If your going to run lots of overlap then your going to need a well designed turbo header with a properly placed external gate and an efficient turbine (say a gtx28r for a b6t). A turbo engine can be built similar to an NA engine with today's efficient turbines.
            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-07-2016, 08:50 PM.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

What he said ^
              These cams have too much duration to reduce the overlap enough to be useful for forced induction with a turbo. But the exhaust cam would be useful with a stock intake for a blown setup (with adjustable timing gears of course)
              No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
                What he said ^
                These cams have too much duration to reduce the overlap enough to be useful for forced induction with a turbo. But the exhaust cam would be useful with a stock intake for a blown setup (with adjustable timing gears of course)
                Duration and overlap. Hmmm. I wish I was cam design smart.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Duration is the amount of time that the valve is open. It's measured in degrees of crank rotation and typically starts from 1mm lift to 1mm before close of valve (measured at the valve itself.)
                  Overlap refers to the amount of time (again, measured in degrees of crank rotation) that the intake and exhaust valves are both open at the same time.
                  Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-08-2016, 12:40 PM.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                  X