Radiators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiators

Has anyone with a turbo engine had any issue with cooling. I'm looking at radiators like this http://www.frozenboost.com/water-to-...e9a9551cf424c4 Because it would fit in the factory grill location. My grill is cracked and not interested in changing it.

What size and thickness are you running and have you had overheating with racing issues?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thats sweet, Is that the intercooler or the radiator? most people run the ebay civic radiator. ive had no issures. maybe might have some after this new ic setup i put in blocking a bit but we will see
    Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

Originally posted by Fecomatter View Post
      Thats sweet, Is that the intercooler or the radiator? most people run the ebay civic radiator. ive had no issures. maybe might have some after this new ic setup i put in blocking a bit but we will see
      I would probably buy two of them, one would be the radiator for the cooling system, one would be the radiator for the air/water intercooling system.Then I could just put them both in the grill opening, intercooler radiator first. I've just seen too many tight fitting turbo systems with the turbo just hairs from the radiator.

Comment

In my 90 I ran the civic two core, it was ~60 from Amazon. It did allow the cooling system in B6t to contain and circulate more water and helped eliminate temperature swings. It fit very well off to the trans side of the engine bay, did not need to do much other than move the lower rad mount to fit the new spacing.
        Those short radiators are very nice, and I see how that would for sure free up some room in there. Nice find.

Comment

This thing is made for air/water intercooler systems. The fittings are only 1/2" NPT. You would never be able to flow enough coolant through for an engine.

MAYBE a B3, since those need less coolant flow anyway lol

The all aluminum civic radiators work pretty well, like he said up there $60 gets you the 2 core shipped, sometimes even with the fan.

They also sell 3 core versions as well as a full length integra one.
          Last edited by bhazard; 04-12-2016, 09:02 AM.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Civic 2 core, no fan - http://www.amazon.com/Manual-Transmi...civic+radiator

With fan - http://www.amazon.com/Integra-Manual...civic+radiator

3 core - http://www.amazon.com/1992-2000-Alum...radiator+3-row

With fan - http://www.amazon.com/Integra-Manual...radiator+3-row

Full length 2 row, no fan - http://www.amazon.com/Integra-Alumin...n%3A5870390011

I don't think I've seen anyone use the full length one in a festiva before so check the dimensions first to see if itll even fit.

All of these can benefit by having the outlet moved further to the passenger side by someone who can TIG.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

That is a full length rad with the outlet located to the passenger side.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Radiators

Eurotiva runs stock rad. With a/c. Towing. I've drove the car and it never gets hot.
                Stock rad. Just as good as any if it's in good working condition. And guess what no need to weld. No need to make hoses. Buy a new Festiva rad keep it clean.
                Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 04-12-2016, 09:46 AM.
                1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Problem with that is you cant move it forward on top of the core support.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                    Problem with that is you cant move it forward on top of the core support.
                    I was going to end tank mod that 7 inch tall rad. That's not a big deal. I just figured the factory grill location would be great for airflow and would free up alot of space down below for intercooler piping and turbo housing.

Comment

I used to have a Porsche radiator. It fit in the core support.
                      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

So if nobody is overheating on a radiator designed for 65hp with your 200 hp turbo motors, I guess it's not that big of a deal

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                          So if nobody is overheating on a radiator designed for 65hp with your 200 hp turbo motors, I guess it's not that big of a deal

I run Festiva radiator on my 375 hp car.... But I don't have a/c blocking it and run fan all the time with front turbo.

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Radiators

Everything is relative. The radiator is a good size for the car. The engine itself has a slightly bigger water pump. This should allow more water to flow through the engine without restraint. The radiator is like a cooler and you should only take the cool water out of it if you need to. That's why thermostats are important. Because they give the radiator more time to cool the water before being reintroduced into the engine.
                            Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 04-12-2016, 03:58 PM.

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

I've used the civic radiator in 2 b6t swaps now. The first one has well over 100k worth of abuse and I think I paid 40 bucks on eBay for it 5 years ago. They hold up well in 115 degree AZ summer heat.
                              The biggest bang for your buck is the dual element thermostat. I buy them for the 1.6 miata. They allow the engine to warm up quick, but stay at a nice consistent temp.
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X