Clutch recommendation for BP on stock tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ce-Clutch-Test

I had a spec stage 1 in a 323 with b6t and it slipped at high rpm. Only reason I have one in my saab is that they're the only company that makes a upgraded clutch for it.
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ce-Clutch-Test

I had a spec stage 1 in a 323 with b6t and it slipped at high rpm. Only reason I have one in my saab is that they're the only company that makes a upgraded clutch for it.
      Yeah, after reading that thread I am completely shutting out Spec as an option.

Seriously though, anyone have any idea on the B&A Clutch? especially since it is the size of a Swift clutch.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

An exedy is the way to go for a BP e car . It will hold just enough that you don't break the trans .
        I have installed many of them and not one issue yet . I swore by spec for a long time , I don't think I'll buy or recommend to buy another .
        Last edited by shadetree; 04-24-2016, 03:15 PM.
        New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
          An exedy is the way to go for a BP e car . It will hold just enough that you don't break the trans .
          I have installed many of them and not one issue yet . I swore by spec for a long time , I don't think I'll buy or recommend to buy another .
          So basically, it will slip, but just enough to keep the glass transmission from breaking.

I do know one thing, if the E tranny kicks the bucket, i'll probably be commissioning you to make some transmission mounts. lol

Comment

A great running BP on a hard launch yea you can slip it . But I'd rather it slip then mop up trans fluid .
            seems as if every definition of hard launch is different . There is the , yea that's cool , and then there is , get out of my car your not driving anymore .
            New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
              But I'd rather it slip then mop up trans fluid.
              Or having to call a tow truck. lol

Thanks guys!
              I think I am just going to go with a good ol' Exedy clutch.
              Last edited by TorqueEffect; 04-24-2016, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                Well Luk is definitely out then. lol

I hear Sachs is also a very good clutch, though I've heard they use Valeo (Still very good clutch maker) clutch disc, but use their own pressure plate.

EDIT

I think I am starting to lean towards the Spec Stage 1 clutch.
                Stay away from Sachs. They are weak. The exedy is the best that I've seen. The Spec holds, but I hate the way the car drives with it. It chatters on downshifts.
                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-25-2016, 04:35 PM.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                X