90 festiva auto to manual swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 festiva auto to manual swap

Got a great deal on an auto festiva with super low miles and can't pass it up. Really wanted a manual but after a long search I couldn't let it pass. How difficult would it be to convert to a manual?? Would It be easier to buy a parts car or what?

Its not hard can be done in two weekends after getting all the parts. Five speeds are getting hard to find. Do a search.

Comment

I've not done an automatic to manual switch but after practically rebuilding Rosie, I know a switch would be much easier.
      There probably is a step by step write up somewhere in the forum for this.
      It will involve more removing that adding back because the ATX requires more stuff to make it work.
      Here are some thing to consider in addition to the 5 speed transmission you will need.
      CV axles are different
      Starter is different
      Speedometer cable is different
      Flywheel to replace flexplate
      Pretty sure the engine wiring harness is different and maybe the dash harness too.
      ATX shifter cable goes away but you will need a clutch cable and clutch pedal assembly (with two switches associated with the clutch).
      Pretty sure you will need to pull the engine and ATX transmission out as a unit to do the switch.
      You will need the manual shifter assembly.
      Remove the Park shift lock cable connecting to the ignition.

So finding a parts car may or may not be the best idea...depends on the condition of the parts in the parts car and how good a deal you get on the parts car.
      Last edited by 1990new; 04-25-2016, 11:17 PM.

Comment

I've done some research and found older threads on how to do it. But no one talks about anything with a slave cylinder

Comment

Your 5 speed transmission is coming from a car with a hydraulic clutch then?

Comment

Working...
          X