Anyone running their B6t or B6d on DIYPNP megasquirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running their B6t or B6d on DIYPNP megasquirt

Hi gang. I'm going to be swapping out my motor for a b6d here soon and somewhere down the line I will be adding a turbo. In the past I have used a DIYPNP on my old NB miata with great results. While on their site today I saw they offer the 52 pin nippon denso and the b6t is on the list. My question is, if I build their ecu for the b6t, will it work with the non turbo b6 ot is the wiring completely different?

Here's the link to the kit, https://www.diyautotune.com/product/...assembled-kit/

Assuming you have a Capri harness in the car currently running the engine, my advice is to ditch it and revert to the Festiva harness and set the megasquirt up for that.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

The b6t ecu has a different plug than festivas/miatas so that kit will not work.
      Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
        Assuming you have a Capri harness in the car currently running the engine, my advice is to ditch it and revert to the Festiva harness and set the megasquirt up for that.
        my car is carb'd so I will be using the capri harness.

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
          The b6t ecu has a different plug than festivas/miatas so that kit will not work.
          if you click on the link the b6t is on the list

Comment

My bad I'm getting that mixed up with a stratified ecu I have. The stratified ecu only has 2 plugs instead of the 3 needed for a b6t harness.

Way too many cars

Comment

I wish mine was already efi though. I'd just go that route

Comment

You have a carb festiva that you are swapping a 6d into with a 6d wiring harness correct? The 6d wiring harness uses the same plugs and most of the wiring is the same as a 6t. So that mspnp should work. I would find a bp distributor to use in place of the 6d distributor though. The 6d disty has both centrifugal and vacuum advance that would need to be eliminated. Also not sure if the signal will work with the ms.

Way too many cars

Comment

Working...
                X