lsd questions. 2000 aspire manual.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lsd questions. 2000 aspire manual.

Hi all, looking to see if there are any lsd diffs that will fit my standard 5speed in my aspire? The diff is on its way out so I'm thinking it may as well get the treatment while it's replacement is being built. Wondering if a capri turbo diff centre will work or not? Also, will the drive shafts need to be changed to suit?
    Any help on this will be awesome.

I'm not aware of any LSD for the E series transmission.
    The g25mr internals will not interchange with the E series internals.

If you have access to a G series transmission, use the whole thing. This will require different axles.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Bugger, that's a shame, have a spare box ready for a rebuild, would have been a perfect candidate for it.
      What model will i look for to find a g series box? And which axels?
      Cheers for the quick response too

Comment

Capri Xr2 is a G series. Use the xr2 axles with 1g Festiva lower control arms? I can't think of anyone who has done a G series swap in an aspire to confirm this.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

No worries man,
          Looks like I'm getting a capri gearbox. Maybe I'll have to go the whole hog and take the b6t with it. Thanks for that Festy.

Comment

The outer splines will work with your hubs, but I think you'll need a custom length for it to fit a stock aspire suspension ( the control arms are 3/4" longer than a Festiva and the xr2 swap is a direct bolt in on a festy suspension). Odd thing is, you need aspire arms to do a Capri brake swap in a Festiva,

Comment

Working...
            X