Which G-series trans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which G-series trans?

Hello, while doing my research for my B6T swap. I'm wondering if there are any G-series transmissions are better than others? This car will be around 250hp and will see track days. Eventually it will be a track only car but not any time soon. I also am going with coilovers and 03 Rio knuckles and brakes.
    Also what Kia's came with the G-series? Are they any good? There are a Plethora of most G-series cars here in Colorado. And coming up is a half off sale at the junkyard. Thanks for all your input.
    -Johnathan

Originally posted by Mini62cooper View Post
    Hello, while doing my research for my B6T swap. I'm wondering if there are any G-series transmissions are better than others? This car will be around 250hp and will see track days. Eventually it will be a track only car but not any time soon. I also am going with coilovers and 03 Rio knuckles and brakes.
    Also what Kia's came with the G-series? Are they any good? There are a Plethora of most G-series cars here in Colorado. And coming up is a half off sale at the junkyard. Thanks for all your input.
    -Johnathan
    Just source the whole Capri xr2 engine and trans. It's a g

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

For your goal i think the capri xr2 would be plenty good. But to answer your question i believe it was 1996-1997 kia sephia had the strongest g series howerver you will need to swap.out the diff for a 26 spline to work with capri axles and need a hydro clutch adapter plate which feativa store has in stock.

Comment

Thank you for your input. I wasn't able to get the trans with the motor. So, I'm going to have to source a hydro G-series. I also have no axles either, so I'll be swapping that over as well. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X