No announcement yet.

Auto / Manual engine wiring diffrences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto / Manual engine wiring diffrences?

I'm looking to purchase a 1990 festiva with an auto tranny. I plan on doing a B6T/GMR15 5 speed swap. I've read the complete auto to manual swap guide so i know there is just a few wires to splice on the tranny swap, but my question is an Auto festiva engine wiring harness the same as a manual festiva? I will be using the swap guides for the B6T capri swap... and i dont want to buy a festiva if it's wiring will differ from the guides. Can anyone confirm they have the same wiring harness???
    Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Auto and manual Festivas run separate ECUs (why, I'm not truly sure, as the auto trans is fully hydraulic, and therefore no ecu involvement. At least in the US.) So they have different harness plugs. But don't let this set you back, there are a multitude of us who can walk you through the interchange.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

So are you saying that just the ecu plugs and ecu are diffrent, or will i find that alot of the wiring will be diffrent as well, like wire colours....
      Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

Here. Take a look for your self.

Comment

Question, I have a 93 Festiva with a 5 speed and in the last couple weeks I have noticed a whining sound in the trans and I have lost 4th gear. I checked the trans fluid and its full. Any clue as to what's going on ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cmhill4824 View Post
            Question, I have a 93 Festiva with a 5 speed and in the last couple weeks I have noticed a whining sound in the trans and I have lost 4th gear. I checked the trans fluid and its full. Any clue as to what's going on ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Its starting to feel entitled and thinks it deserves a rest. You have to beat on it to show it whos boss and that theres no whining allowed. Carry a hammer with you

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X