B3T parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B3T parts

i was dikin around using my VPN set for Japan. thought i might find some interesting Festiva sites not accessible from a US I.P. there does seem to be one for the GTA. but i digress.
    one of search results led oddly to this site even though they seem to be in Canada and in business. might be of interest to some.
    they also have some pricey manis for the B6T & BPT

Last edited by F3BZ; 11-27-2016, 10:04 PM.

Very interesting to see that available to buy

I've always been curious if a B6T manifold would fit a 1.3 DOHC though

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

From what I can tell, the b3 DOHC is just a destroked b6D.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Ya that company makes turbo manifolds for cars that no one supports, like the suzuki aerio ect.... i know because i drive one. I think if someone gets that company to make a custom manifold, they will then offer it to be reproduced again on their website.
        Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

interesting....quality looks o.k.

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
            Very interesting to see that available to buy

I've always been curious if a B6T manifold would fit a 1.3 DOHC though
            i was curious enough to try and find out too. a few months ago i tried taking the heat shield off the GTX mani to at least get some dimensions between ports to see if a B6T manifold "might" fit. 2 out of 3 shield bolts came out easy enough but not of course, the one hardest to get at. i don't want to butcher anything so the only hope i have getting the shield off without damage is to remove the rad in order to apply heat and grips. but ya, that would be an option to think about if a 6T mani would fit since the BJ internals should handle some light boost.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
              i was dikin around using my VPN set for Japan. thought i might find some interesting Festiva sites not accessible from a US I.P. there does seem to be one for the GTA. but i digress.
              one of search results led oddly to this site even though they seem to be in Canada and in business. might be of interest to some.
              they also have some pricey manis for the B6T & BPT

http://www.turbinetech.ca/exhausts-m...nifold?lang=en
              I'm not so sure they are still in business. Some of their pages are blank when you click on links. And one page says they were founded in 2004 and going into their 9th year.....
              Last edited by TominMO; 11-29-2016, 06:57 PM.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

tried calling but got a menu tree in french. sent email regarding the manifolds so waiting for a reply. i'd really like to grab that 1.8 mani since the GTR motor i have is missing that and the turbo
                Last edited by F3BZ; 12-02-2016, 04:03 PM.

Comment

still in business but emailed me to say that they no longer fab manfolds.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                    still in business but emailed me to say that they no longer fab manfolds.
                    I doubt it but they may still have the jigs to make the manifolds. They may be willing to part with them if they are no longer using them. ( its a long shot but it cant hurt to ask.)

Comment

I've been looking into b3 turbo options and I might have a good solution. There are several really good sized turbos that are very cheap on eBay and have a 3 bolt flange. I've ordered some turbo gaskets to see if any of them match the 3 bolt flange on the festiva manifold. If one does, we may have a bolt on option, and if not I can look to see if a cheap adaptor is possible to design and machine. I'm trying to see if I could make a bolt on kit for under 500 bucks. This would come with a disclaimer that you are going to blow the b3 up though. Lol. I don't mind blowing them up, as we have a surplus of B3 engines here that are too good to scrap. I could do some testing if people are interested. Heck, I might do some testing just because I'm interested. Lol.

As far as the GTA or any DOHC B3, just put a b6t in the car and save the rare b3 safely in the shed. Chances are that a b6d or b6t will bolt right up and then you're not wasting a unicorn engine. I fantasize about a strong short stroke B3 dohc myself, so I understand the temptation, but it would suck to hurt the little gem.
                      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 12-08-2016, 10:28 AM.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                        I've been looking into b3 turbo options and I might have a good solution. There are several really good sized turbos that are very cheap on eBay and have a 3 bolt flange. I've ordered some turbo gaskets to see if any of them match the 3 bolt flange on the festiva manifold. If one does, we may have a bolt on option, and if not I can look to see if a cheap adaptor is possible to design and machine. I'm trying to see if I could make a bolt on kit for under 500 bucks. This would come with a disclaimer that you are going to blow the b3 up though. Lol. I don't mind blowing them up, as we have a surplus of B3 engines here that are too good to scrap. I could do some testing if people are interested. Heck, I might do some testing just because I'm interested. Lol.

As far as the GTA or any DOHC B3, just put a b6t in the car and save the rare b3 safely in the shed. Chances are that a b6d or b6t will bolt right up and then you're not wasting a unicorn engine. I fantasize about a strong short stroke B3 dohc myself, so I understand the temptation, but it would suck to hurt the little gem.
                        I was looking at those Turbos as well a while back. I tried to look for some dimensions for the flanges but didn't have much success except for the option of buying a flange and just test fitting it. The two I was looking at was the Gt12 and Gt15 Turbos.
                        "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                        sigpic
                        "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                        "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                        "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                        "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Yeah, gt1544 and tdo4L-14t are the ones I'm trying first. I've got gaskets coming to check against a festy manifold. A flange could easily be welded to an aspire manifold to mount a gt15 or even a gt1752. Cutting and welding manifolds can be a tedious job though, so it can be more expensive than people think.
                          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 12-08-2016, 12:32 PM.

Comment

i'm interested!!

Comment

I ordered a ko3 gasket too. I thought I had a stupid k03 in my box of mock ups, but I guess I tossed it. They are a crappy turbo for a 20v 1.8, but probably a great turbo for an 8v 1.3. I know the Samurai guys love them, and that engine is pretty similar to a b3. The cheap China k03 copies actually work pretty good too. A friend of mine put one on his beater mk4 jetta and it went 30k miles before he sold the car. It was like 150bucks new on eBay. Lol. Can't beat that.
                              I bet it'll outlast the b3 it's bolted to. Haha.
                              Last edited by Advancedynamix; 12-08-2016, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X