Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will stock festiva tranny bolt to a 2.0t???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will stock festiva tranny bolt to a 2.0t???

Just got a really clean festiva and want to swap it and don't know what I need to use for a 626 2.0t motor ?? Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction?

Click on the Forum link and look for the Custom Engine Forum. It will have all the info you are looking for.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
      Click on the Forum link and look for the Custom Engine Forum. It will have all the info you are looking for.
      Actually no it won't have that info in there, the FS engine is not an engine that people swap into a festiva, however it has been done

The FS engine does not share the same bell housing pattern as the B engines in the festiva

However the FS came with a G series transmission so using the XR2 axle set makes the swap possible without custom axles

You'll need to make the mounts, plumbing, wiring work etc for the swap

But the reason people don't swap this engine is because the BPT is the better choice anyway

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

The F series engine won't bolt to the stock transmission unless you have a lot of money or a full service machine/fab shop at your finger tips.
        However, the F swap has been done by a few people. None of them live in this country though.
        CLICK HERE FOR A THREAD WITH SOME INFO ON THIS SWAP
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Even if it did bolt to the festiva trans, the torque of that engine would kill it in no time. Especially a turbo engine.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
            The F series engine won't bolt to the stock transmission unless you have a lot of money or a full service machine/fab shop at your finger tips.
            However, the F swap has been done by a few people. None of them live in this country though.
            CLICK HERE FOR A THREAD WITH SOME INFO ON THIS SWAP
            Correction Charlie, years ago I seen a picture of an FS sitting in a festiva engine bay.... it would take some time for me to try and dig up the pic but I'm pretty sure it was in North America

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I would do an F2T swap just so my license plate could read "FDUP“
              Last edited by Advancedynamix; 12-05-2016, 09:04 PM.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                I would do an F2T swap just so my license plate could read "FDUP“
                Lmao that would be awesome to have

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                  Actually no it won't have that info in there, the FS engine is not an engine that people swap into a festiva, however it has been done

The FS engine does not share the same bell housing pattern as the B engines in the festiva

However the FS came with a G series transmission so using the XR2 axle set makes the swap possible without custom axles

You'll need to make the mounts, plumbing, wiring work etc for the swap

But the reason people don't swap this engine is because the BPT is the better choice anyway
                  Your'e right... My bad :fofd: I must have misread his post... My intent was to point him toward the B series engines.
                  "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                  sigpic
                  "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                  "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                  "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                  "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
                  X