Aspire g-series mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire g-series mounts

I currently have a B6T and g-series out of an XR2 resting in the engine bay of an Aspire. For the past 2 nights I've spent 4 hours staring at it trying other mounting options with differnt oem mounts nothing coming close. After spending some time with the search function this evening, I've seen some great example for festivas and got some new ideas. Although I've also decided to just make a post asking for help. Does any one have some suggestions on mounting the g-series in an Aspire? Pics would be very helpful.
    Another other quick question...
    Also is the g-series out of the Capri a g25mr?
    Thank you.

The G-series out of the capri is a G5MR (G15MR). The 1 is an understood when you don't put it in. My understanding of it is that it is the series number.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I have a picture of some of the mounts used in this build thread.
      Thricetiva page 6 plus some more pics on the following page 7
      You can see the modified rear tranny mount, and the standoff cubes used to lower the tranny so it clears the steering gear.
      The front of engine mount is like most used for a B6 swap in these cars, a stock piece cut, then re-positioned and welded together again on an offset plate.
      There are quite a few older threads with pictures of mounts, though I have not searched them for you.
      Best of luck with it, the G series goes well with this engine in these cars.
      Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
      Icetiva-3-race-car-build
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

Working...
      X