Festiva 1.3 cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva 1.3 cam

Does anyone know of how to get a performance cam for the 1.3 since fms is gone. I have one now just wondering how to com across a new one mine has a little weird wear.

Call up Comp and send them your unit to copy?
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by joes91fest View Post
      Does anyone know of how to get a performance cam for the 1.3 since fms is gone. I have one now just wondering how to com across a new one mine has a little weird wear.
      You need to visit Joseph Brey in Cali, best cam grinder EVER!
      When I get back to Tucson I'll send his contact info.
      No car too fast !

Comment

Does he do grinds from blank stock? And if so, can he do grinds for aspire rockers (rollers)?

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

I was expecting you to recommend your buddy.
          Last edited by Team Lightning; 03-03-2017, 10:59 PM.
          Jerry
          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Does anyone know if the 1.6 sohc cam or aspire cams fit in the 1.3 head

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              Does he do grinds from blank stock? And if so, can he do grinds for aspire rockers (rollers)?
              The one time he ground from blanks for us, we had to supply the blanks. For the rest, you should talk to him. He is a one man operation, and a bit old school, which works for me. Nice guy, hard to get on the phone. Responds very well to people who show up from out of state just to talk to him (and you are relatively close)
              American Custom Cam
              Joeseph Brey
              626-963-0011
              Last edited by Dragonhealer; 03-04-2017, 01:33 AM.
              No car too fast !

Comment

Sorry, joes91fest is relatively close, you are still enjoying winter back east!
                No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by joes91fest View Post
                  Does anyone know if the 1.6 sohc cam or aspire cams fit in the 1.3 head
                  They do fit. Aspire cams must use aspire rockers, and the 1.3/6 cams must use standard rockers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
                    The one time he ground from blanks for us, we had to supply the blanks. For the rest, you should talk to him. He is a one man operation, and a bit old school, which works for me. Nice guy, hard to get on the phone. Responds very well to people who show up from out of state just to talk to him (and you are relatively close)
                    American Custom Cam
                    Joeseph Brey
                    626-963-0011
                    If you call Pennsylvania close to Cali... Then I guess so lol

Comment

If you call Pennsylvania close to Cali... Then I guess so lol
                      I am only dyslexic when awake
                      No car too fast !

Comment

They do fit. Aspire cams must use aspire rockers, and the 1.3/6 cams must use standard rockers.
                        Do you know if the 1.6 cam will work also

Comment

All sohc 8v short block (1.6 or less) cams will interchange with their respective rockers.

Comment

What are the resulting differences in using each cam in a b3?

(Sorry for the derail)
                            A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
                            Instagram: jaredbear82

Comment

There are minor overlap, duration and lift variations between the carb and efi B3 cams and the B6 cam (all 3 being slightly different). The aspire cam is a whole different animal due to the change in rocker type.

As for power differences, I doubt ye 'ol butt dyno could notice any difference in most of the RPM range. I don't have ready availability to a dyno cell to objectively post numbers, but my gut says that based on the measurements I took years ago, the most aggressive stock cam would be the carb cam, at least in duration, where the EFI cam gets a slight bump in lift, but the aspire cam looses in both categories.

Comment

Working...
                              X