AN fitting bp conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AN fitting bp conversion

So I'm wanting get some info on AN fittings and converting all of my hoses to AN has anyone done this I'm looking around for info but I'm still confused by how everything works anyone know the sizes I'm looking for?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Festiver
    93 L find/5 speed
    BP/g15mr swapped
    Aspire brake swapped
    Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
    stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
    rustful
    maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
    advanced suspension
    kai/skeeter camber
    b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

You notice no one wants to handle this, but it is a fair question if you have not worked in the aircraft or racecar industry.
    Factory hoses (Mazda., KIA, Honda, etc.) ,and damn few aftermarket hoses, And the modern spring clamp are bullet proof when serviced properly.
    The training and engineering and equipment for A/N fittings renders it inappropriate for a production built car, and a total PITA where required in a racecar.
    If you visit the Aeroquip website, you'll have a start at finding out what you want to know.
    "The demise of all hose systems is the inclusion of the screw style hose clamp" Ryal Greenwood, to the Planing and Estimating board, submarine repair ship AS-37, 1979.
    Last edited by Dragonhealer; 04-30-2017, 01:29 AM.
    No car too fast !

Comment

I like having AN fittings for quick and easy service without the expense, weight or possible flow restriction of dry break fittings I prefer to use pushlock style fittings with OE quality fuel and oil lines. The steel branded aircraft hose is annoying to work with. It collects oil residue, and is extremely abrasive to anything it rubs against and is overly bulky. The lightweight PTFE hose is pretty neat stuff, but it still doesn't hold up like OE fuel hose and the weight saving is marginal compared to it's cost.
      Honestly, if I wanted to have the most trick fuel lines on the block, I'd find a way to convert to the fuel lines used in the 03 kia rio I just parted out. They are light, quick disconnect and OE quality. That blows the antique AN fittings out of the water any day.
      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-30-2017, 07:49 AM.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Oh thanks guys I thought an would be an upgrade over oe I'll look into those Kia fuel lines thanks

Festiver
        93 L find/5 speed
        BP/g15mr swapped
        Aspire brake swapped
        Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all

89 festie
        rustful

93 festie
        advanced suspension
        kai/skeeter camber
        b3t/g15mr

Comment

Originally posted by Festiver View Post
          Oh thanks guys I thought an would be an upgrade over oe I'll look into those Kia fuel lines thanks

Upgrade in what way? For looks AN i think is nicer and i thought thats what you were after when i read this.
          For functionality new oem mazda hoses AND clamps will give you everything you need. Do you plan to increase the rad cap pressure?
          Someone correct me if i am wrong, but is the metal pipe returning from the heater core to the water pump the weakest link? At the metal/metal connection with the o-ring?
          I think as far as flow restriction that the oem thermostat is the biggest one and thats designed to be like that isnt it?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
          Last edited by ryanprins13; 04-30-2017, 11:27 PM.

Comment

A/N fittings do look cool, and plenty have gone through the expense and trouble to get the "look".
            The weak link in my experience is the heater core, most people don't change it out every 5 years like the radiator.
            The "O" ring connection is freshened up every 60K, but can be problematic if the coolant is not kept up well.
            Last edited by Dragonhealer; 05-01-2017, 12:43 AM.
            No car too fast !

Comment

my goal was ensured reliability and the cleaner look

Festiver
              93 L find/5 speed
              BP/g15mr swapped
              Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
              rustful

93 festie
              advanced suspension
              kai/skeeter camber
              b3t/g15mr

Comment

Working...
              X