Help!! Sephia engine and trans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! Sephia engine and trans?

Okay so I found a 2004 sephia 5 speed. It was rear ended, and it's 150 bucks so I'd like to know if the engine and trans is swappable into the festiva. He says it's a 1.8. BP? And any info on the hydro to cable conversion is also appreciated. Thank you all in advance!!

read up on here the bp never came in the 04 sephia only the 95-97 RS, LS, and GS. the 04 does have a 1.8l engine but it is a T8D which is a kia made motor and will not work in a festiva without heavy modification i made the same mistake with my first festiva

after you look on there to see which cars used the BP go on here to see if anyone near you has one

this is the motor it has in it

this it what it look like in a festiva altho not recommended to go this route, this project was never finished due to rust but you would have to use custom made axles which are expensive and a pain all around so best just to find a bp
    Last edited by monkeykiller1996; 06-11-2017, 10:07 PM.
    88 L carb'ed (when up in flames of glory)(deceased) 4spd
    89 L carb'ed (died on the operating table (rust))(deceased) 5spd
    93 gl FI (sold) automagical
    89 lx FI megasquirted "luna" b6D+t (186hp 209ftlbs)
    88 L carbFI megasquirted zombie car

Comment

You could use the transmission the g25mr but you'd need to find a BP or b6t and the 3 axles from a 91-94 xr2 or 88-89 323 gt

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
      Festiver
      93 L find/5 speed
      BP/g15mr swapped
      Aspire brake swapped
      Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
      stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
      rustful
      maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
      advanced suspension
      kai/skeeter camber
      b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

But if you don't want to take that route I'd be interested in the transmission and related parts you're very close to me

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
        Festiver
        93 L find/5 speed
        BP/g15mr swapped
        Aspire brake swapped
        Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
        stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
        rustful
        maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
        advanced suspension
        kai/skeeter camber
        b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Is the 95-97 Sephia the only KIA model that came with a BP or other compatible engine? I'm not finding many Mazda or Ford engine donors around here, but my local junkyards and craigslist are both lousy with $400 KIAs that still run.

Comment

Follow-up question: if you had a whole donor car, how difficult do you think it would be to swap the entire engine, transaxle, subframe, and front suspension from a Spectra/Rio?

Comment

A Rio shouldn't be too bad, as the chassis is similar to the Festiva/Aspire. But the Spectra is a completely different animal chassis wise... much more work involved over the Rio option.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Too bad the Rio only came with a 1.6L engine. I guess that I'll keep looking for a '95-'97 Sephia if I want to do a swap into a Festiva.

I had an '04 KIA Spectra years ago, and the motor and trans were pretty nice, even while the rest of the car was kind of a turd. It wasn't really sporty in any way, but that motor would've had plenty of power for a Festiva.

Comment

Originally posted by discontinuuity View Post
                  Too bad the Rio only came with a 1.6L engine. I guess that I'll keep looking for a '95-'97 Sephia if I want to do a swap into a Festiva.

I had an '04 KIA Spectra years ago, and the motor and trans were pretty nice, even while the rest of the car was kind of a turd. It wasn't really sporty in any way, but that motor would've had plenty of power for a Festiva.
                  Have you looked at Mercury Capris as well? Easy way to get a B6D. Are you in Denver CO? It shouldn't be too hard to find a donor nearby.
                  Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                  Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                  Feel free to PM me anytime!
                  Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                  Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Working...
                  X