No Spark?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Spark?????

I was driving about 65mph and out of the blue my FESTIVA just quit running.So I checked the fuel and their was no pressure so changed fuel pump.Now here is the kicker now no spark. Now sje sits waiting to see the road and not the fuel pumps.

Originally posted by Mike Nicholson texas coun View Post
    I was driving about 65mph and out of the blue my FESTIVA just quit running.So I checked the fuel and their was no pressure so changed fuel pump.Now here is the kicker now no spark. Now sje sits waiting to see the road and not the fuel pumps.
    Fuel pump doesnt turn on unless it sees air movement past the vaf iirc. So with just the key on there is no pressure. How did you check it?

With spark im not sure if its connected to the vaf but i dont think so.
    You could check resistance across the coil, it may have quit.
    Sometimes the icm in the distributor quits but it usually gives warning and is heat related.
    How did it die? Did it sputter a bit or was it instantly off?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a test port for the fuel pump near the master cylinder. T shaped 2 pin connector. The ICM is located next to the coil on the driver strut tower. Check your fuses first... Again, on the strut tower.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
      X