b6t piston rings found possibly??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b6t piston rings found possibly??

So it is to my understanding that finding new rings for a b6t is very difficult, and often times it is better to find a new donor than to try and source rebuild parts.

The parts store that I work at has two sets made by Sealed Power.

"2-1.50MM, 1-4.00MM, Premium Chrome, Standard Size, Type: Premium Piston Ring Set" Part# E-551KC
    ".50MM Oversize, 2-1.50MM, 1-4.00MM, Premium Chrome, Type: Premium Piston Ring Set" Part# E-551KC .50MM
    ".75MM Oversize, 2-1.50MM, 1-4.00MM, Premium Chrome, Type: Premium Piston Ring Set" Part# E-551KC .75MM <------------ this one we don't have in stock, but may be able to special order.
    Each can be bought for under $80 and we only have one of each in stock.

Will these work/ should I buy these?
    Last edited by Eviljimchicken; 07-12-2017, 08:19 PM.
    Dark blue '91 B6t + E series
    Something new breaks every day

From what I understand, it's not finding new rings that's the problem, it's finding new OEM rings (from Mazda).
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that rings are still available from mazda they're just very expensive.
      Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Ok that makes sense, so basically any set of rings that don't come from Mazda are junk?
        Dark blue '91 B6t + E series
        Something new breaks every day

Comment

Not nessesarily junk, but I haven't had good results with anything but genuine Mazda piston rings, about $270 an engine set.
          No car too fast !

Comment

I used those sealed power and my compression didn't improve but it did stop smoking.
            It's been 120k or so on them. It still runs good but only has 125 psi across the board.

Comment

The problems become really apparent on forced induction B series, or normally aspirated that run routinely 6 to 8K revs.
              No car too fast !

Comment

My b6d rings came in from mazda today $196. I ordered through work so I got a discount on them though.
                Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
                  The problems become really apparent on forced induction B series, or normally aspirated that run routinely 6 to 8K revs.
                  Are you guys checking the condition of the ring lands on the pistons themselves before reringing?
                  30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Working...
                  X