Built BP thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built BP thoughts

I am thinking i will have a BP built for me/Lucifer. After driving overkill for some time now i know i want some more. Yes the power in overkill is down at the minute due to its autocross setup but i know i want some crazy power. The only way to do that is to have a BP built for me. Im sure i could do it but Carlos clearly has me beat by a long shot. Id rather just buy it and be done. Also I would be going to the E153 trans as he has in his drag car. The G-series would not last with a built BP running e85 and lots of boost. Also clutch options are better for the E153. This would be going in Lucifer as Overkill needs to stay with a quick spool setup.

The goal would be crazy power. I would love to have a dyno sheet to show 600hp (yes for bragging rights)!

I would have to fit some good old normal sized 15's on her. Which means fender flares and some suspension mods to match. The car would be a highway racer (in mexico).

From the start i wanted a festiva that was just stupid on the street and a festiva that was a good track weapon. I pretty much have the track weapon ready to go minus a few small things. So the new project becomes the street car again.

I have to finish the rebuild of the buggy and let it go before i can take on this big of a project but it will happen one way or another.

Thoughts or opinions or suggestions.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

I know if charlie sees this topic he will bust a blood vessel in the four head! Sorry bud!

I normally take your advice as the one and only way! In this situation tho i simply want a crazy build that just scares people to the point of not even getting in the car! Overkill gets some good reactions but i want to step it up. Lucifer is so pretty now it needs the numbers to back it up.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Kay
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

If you want a car that scares people buy this and do an ls swap in the back there.

For sale thread here: https://fordfestiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60927

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is not a joke or just a wish but a when! When i sell the buggy or after a few things happen in the near future i will be 100% able to make this happen. Im not worried about the sticker shock.

Its not just to scare people. Its for myself to enjoy as often as i can.
          Last edited by mikemounlio; 08-03-2017, 10:57 AM.
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I dont want to go LS. I would much rather spend the time money and energy to stay 4 banger. I will only go ls if i get a car with one in it. Im gonna do anything i can to not ever LS swap anything.
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

What about a Honda engine transplant? Seems like a way easier way to make power for the price.
              1999 Toyota 4Runner - daily beater
              1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD
              1986 Toyota Cressida - #stressida hmmmmmm SOLD!!

Comment

I have had that thought as well. I would like to go honda but i think it will be easier to just stick to bp. I can use my other bp to setup the trans and make the mounts. Then when its time to drop the motor in its simple as unbolt and bolt. Going honda swap would mean all new everything. I dont think im ready for all new everything yet.
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

There was a guy who posted on facebook with a k20 rear engine and drive festiva he was autocrossing. Maybe you could buy that off him and tune it. Hard work is already done there.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw that and wanted it. But after watching the car on the track umm no. A rwd festy would be sweet. But i dont want a rwd festy for the street. The WB is way to short. If i wanted to put down 600 it would be super sketchy to drive. I have given up on the RWD idea.

Also i have pretty much given up on the AWD idea simply due to my lack of fabrication at this time.

When i sell my buggy ill have the cash ready for a bp build. its just the easiest thing for me to do.

I did talk to the guy on that honda swap. He cut the honda up and just welded it into the back of the festy. He made it sound super simple...
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I need to do some more research on the e153 trans tho. I need to understand how it will be in a festy. Is it geared right, lsd, price and any other info i can get on them.
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Mike, I tried to PM you but your inbox is full.
                        1999 Toyota 4Runner - daily beater
                        1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD
                        1986 Toyota Cressida - #stressida hmmmmmm SOLD!!

Comment

I will clear it now
                          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I'm building a BP as well.
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                              I'm building a BP as well.
                              What are your plans!
                              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X