No announcement yet.

E153 Trans Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys for the input. I am glad that I purchased the high 5th gear. I will be pleased when it all gets together. March is going to be retirement time for me and hopefully it will give me time to work on my own stuff.
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

The 5th gear mod is worth every penny it cost. I've gotten as high as 37 mpg on my turbo car. Wasn't one bit of fun at that mileage, 32 mpg is more fun for sure!
      Last edited by Team Lightning; 09-14-2017, 10:08 PM.
      Jerry
      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

My 5th gear g series did great. I by far got the worst mpg out of the indiana group going to madness but that because i damn near had the motor in backwards. It worked and it got me there and home so thats cool. I dont remember the rpm tho. On the way home from madness i was doing like 90+ I didnt look at my mpg tho. I knew it was bad so i didnt want to see how bad.
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
        19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I imagine there are times we don't care about mileage. I know this is true for me. I have seen 44 mpg with my stock '88 carbie. Gas mileage was not my priority when planning the B6T swap. You guys know how to have fun!
          '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
          '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
          '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
            I imagine there are times we don't care about mileage. I know this is true for me. I have seen 44 mpg with my stock '88 carbie. Gas mileage was not my priority when planning the B6T swap. You guys know how to have fun!
            I dont worry about gas. I drive to enjoy it. To me going fast is fun. I know to others thy like to kick back take their time and enjoy the actual ride but for me i like the speed. Speed and MPG normally dont mix well. I learned a while back to just fill up and enjoy. If i spend time on the MPG i go crazy. Sure it would help understand if the car starts to have an issue faster but really i dont want to know my MPG.
            1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
            1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I don't exactly have mounds of disposable income like some people here lol so the mpg plays a decent role in my enjoyment. I try to maximize it for the setup I'm running. That said if I could manage 25 mpg in either my Festy or my daily driver outback I would be thrilled [emoji23]
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                I don't exactly have mounds of disposable income like some people here lol so the mpg plays a decent role in my enjoyment. I try to maximize it for the setup I'm running. That said if I could manage 25 mpg in either my Festy or my daily driver outback I would be thrilled [emoji23]
                I just have one really mad wife!
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

For gas mileage I drive the 90 B6D car, for fun I drive the 92 BP turbo car.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Where the heck do you find one of those I need one for my v6 Camry manual conversion

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk
                    88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

Originally posted by Meepersly View Post
                      Where the heck do you find one of those I need one for my v6 Camry manual conversion

car-parts.com look it up on there and they will link you to junk yards around the country with one in stock. Right now there is a hand full on there.
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Well shoot maybe that damn Camry that's been sitting for 2 years can finally move under it's own power again

88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

Originally posted by Meepersly View Post
                          Well shoot maybe that damn Camry that's been sitting for 2 years can finally move under it's own power again

its just car-part.com no s
                          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                            I dont worry about gas. I drive to enjoy it. To me going fast is fun. I know to others thy like to kick back take their time and enjoy the actual ride but for me i like the speed. Speed and MPG normally dont mix well. I learned a while back to just fill up and enjoy. If i spend time on the MPG i go crazy. Sure it would help understand if the car starts to have an issue faster but really i dont want to know my MPG.
                            Ahmen Brother! It's funny when I was youner and had money I used to fill up everytime I bought gas (usually in a gas guzzling muscle car) and write down miles driven and gallons to calculate my gas mileage. Now that I'm old and broke I have learned to " just fill up and enjoy". B.B. King said it well "if you wanna have some fun you gotta spend some cash".

Comment

MPG is a great tool to have. It tells you that your car is running good or the same or getting worse if you drive the same all the time. FOr me i play to much. Im hitting the big 30 soon so i kinda have slowed down a bit but i still get stupid sometimes. SO MPG to me is hard to read due to my driving being slow one day and stupid the next.
                              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
                                Ahmen Brother! It's funny when I was youner and had money I used to fill up everytime I bought gas (usually in a gas guzzling muscle car) and write down miles driven and gallons to calculate my gas mileage. Now that I'm old and broke I have learned to " just fill up and enjoy". B.B. King said it well "if you wanna have some fun you gotta spend some cash".
                                I used to chart mine on my bedroom wall on graph paper. Lol. Cant believe i did that. I wonder if its still in a box at my parents somewhere.
                                I still figure it out every time, but thats because i like to know and fill up twice a week from empty anyway.
                                Actually i may be down to like 1.5 times a week now, but still, like to know how the temperature affects it, headwinds, trailer pulling, how fast i drive, ac now that i have it and all that.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X