No announcement yet.

E153 Trans Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I now have my trans in hand. Again big thanks to Ben for picking it up for me. I also have my shifter cables and assembly. It looks like the shifting is gonna be nice and smooth on this setup. The cables are nice and free moving. I will post some pictures tonight.

I stuck the adapter plate on the trans just to make sure its all gonna work out. All looks good. I will have to make a notch in the trans in a couple locations to clear everything. I will make full records of everything i do so others can do the same in the future.

The trans is very heavy compared to the g series. It looks beefy as well. I think it will be a nice pairing to the bp. Mounting the trans is gonna be a job tho. Its gonna take some good old trial and error to find the right way to mount it. I will get it tho.

I still need to buy axles and the int. shaft assembly. For now the parts will go on the shelf and wait on me to get Britstiva done. Once Brit is done i will be on this project full time.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Are you going to be able to use the stock Subframe? I would think with the stock subframe the transmission will sit pretty high up.
      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
        Are you going to be able to use the stock Subframe? I would think with the stock subframe the transmission will sit pretty high up.
        I am thinking i will have to make up my own unit. IDK yet tho. Once i have time i will get out my spare bp and go to town. I will use that bp to make the mounts and get her all to fit in there nice and neat. If i need to make a new cross member i will.

I have not spent but a single minute looking at the trans but from how its mounted stock i might be able to beer up the lower frame on the drivers side and make a mount bolt there. Kinda make the cross member a large t shape.

I dont think the e153 sits any higher the the g series when bolted on. It might be ok. No clue yet clearly...
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I am leaving for a work trip yet again so i have gotten nothing done in the last week and a half. I parked the car in the garage and stopped for an extra minute to look at the trans sitting on the floor. The mount on the bottom of the trans is off to the drivers side. Im thinking that i will be able to just modify the stock cross member. Maybe add a section that goes over and bolts to the lower frame on each side. On the drivers side that new support will hold the trans mount. I will have to make a mount in the back as well to help hold the torque. Its looking a lot easier then i thought it would for now. I have only looked at it for about 2 minutes total now so im sure that will all change once i get in there and get to work.
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

One note to remember is that this car will not be a TRACK or AUTOCROSS car. It will be a straight line highway car. Its just gonna be a daily drive with power. I am going to brace it to hold the power not to handle like overkill should.
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Updates?
              CURRENT. Past
              88 festiva L. 89 xr4ti
              14 foST. 89 xr4ti
              82 F100. 97 silverado
              82 GS1000. 06 h3
              82 GS750. 79 ta 6.6
              74 TC185. 89 turbo katana 600
              69 T500. 80 gs1000
              15 sonic 82 cr480r

Comment

None yet. Will be starting this in a few months
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

copy that
                  CURRENT. Past
                  88 festiva L. 89 xr4ti
                  14 foST. 89 xr4ti
                  82 F100. 97 silverado
                  82 GS1000. 06 h3
                  82 GS750. 79 ta 6.6
                  74 TC185. 89 turbo katana 600